Sublime Forum

Remote editing via FTP

Hi all,

I´d like to try a Sublime text editor, but I need editing files online. I´m searching in the program menu, but unsuccessfully :frowning: Is there built any FTP client in this program, ideally with password remebering.

I´ve downloaded a WinSCP plugin, but I don´t know how to use it :frowning:

Thanks (and i apologise for my english, I learn it a few months only :smile:)

0 Likes

Hi,

This may be what you are looking for: WinSCP integration plugin

Sublime does not offer remote editing, yet.

0 Likes

Hi,

yes, I read it. I´ve downloaded both AAALoadFirstExtensions and WinSCP plugin (both are in the /Docs and Settings/Apps Data/Sublime text/Packages), but I don´t know how it could works :frowning: I tried everything I think…

How can I open a file from FTP into Sublime text editor?

Thx.

0 Likes

Another approach:

You could also use FlashFXP as your FTP client and set Sublime Text as the default file editor.
This way you can edit files online, with Sublime Text. And you’d be using FlashFXP, which is the best FTP client around :wink:

But ofcourse, this is the other way around, using FlashFXP as the main prog and Sublime Text as a text editor inside FlashFXP…

Tutorial on how to change the default editor: http://www.snaver.net/2008/10/24/changing-flashfxps-default-text-editor-to-notepad/
This one’s for Notepad++, but it’s the same idea. :smile:

Cheers

0 Likes

Alternatively, you could use FileZilla (which is free) and set the editor within FileZilla to Sublime Text.

0 Likes

The trick that I use is to use Expandrive (http://www.expandrive.com/windows). It will mount a remote server on Windows to appear like a thumb drive. That way, you can edit the files with any program (like Sublime) because it will appear to all programs that the files are local.

It’s a pretty good deal at $40 if you need this functionality a lot, and I use it with several other programs besides Sublime as well.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes