Sublime Forum

Advanced multiSelect (like TextMate)

Hi,

The multiSelect is great, but there is a missing feature, lets me show that with picture (on TextMate) :
You start with a multi selection :

Then you move the cursor where you want start typing :

And you type :

Like you see, the text isn’t written at the same position for each line, instead the text is writtend at the end word position of each line.
This is amazing :smile:

0 Likes

There are multiple ways of doing that in Sublime and tbh TextMate’s way isn’t very clear in showing what’s going on :s

1. Ctrl + left click allows you to add new cursors. So click after the “e” in name, then ctrl + left click after the “e” in price, then ctrl + left click after the “d” in released, and then just type.
  2. Highlight “” after name. Then hit ctrl + d twice. This will select the next two occurrences of “”. Then just hit the left arrow key and type.
  3. Click before the first “”. Hit ctrl + alt + down arrow twice. Hit the end key. Hit the left arrow key 5 times. Then type.
  4. Middle click and drag from the beginning of the first “” straight down to the beginning of the last “”. Hit the end key. Hit the left arrow key 5 times. Then type.
  5. Middle click and drag from a ways behind the line with the first
  6. on it straight down to the end of the last . Hit the left arrow key 5 times. Then type.

Obviously some of these methods are less efficient than the others but I figured I’d mention them in case you weren’t familiar with all the ways to manipulate selections.

Let me know if this wasn’t what you were talking about or you have any other questions about multiple selections.

0 Likes

Its perfect, thanks :smile:

0 Likes