Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

(ST3) TabsExtra

Re: (ST3) TabsExtra

Postby facelessuser on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Okay. Here is the next iteration. Nothing is committed yet.

The anything can be excluded. And the sections can be reordered via the settings file:

// Menu layout include or exclude, in whatever order you desire, the following options:
// ["close", "sticky", "open", "clone", "save", "reveal", "path", "revert"]
// When done, go to Preferences->Package Settings->TabsExtra and Install/Upgrade either
// the default TabsMenu or the Override Menu which overrides the "Default" package's menu.
"menu_layout": ["close", "sticky", "open", "clone", "save", "reveal", "path", "revert"]

After re-factoring this. It should be easier for me to extend if I need to, and it should be configurable enough that people can set it up how they like.

If you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns on this new iteration, let me know. I plan on pushing it out maybe in the next two or three days.
facelessuser

Postby iamntz on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:55 am

Looks good to me!
iamntz

Postby facelessuser on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 pm

If I get a chance today, I will try and push it out later. It's pretty much done. I think I just need to double check everything.
facelessuser

Postby Pwarts on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:39 pm

I've got an idea, although it might be beyond the scope of this plugin.

It would be cool to be able to have different (customizable) coloured tabs depending the type of file. A quick glance could differentiate between CSS and PHP files, for instance.

Also, will your plugin appear in the Package Manager soon?

Good stuff :D
Pwarts

Postby facelessuser on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Pwarts wrote:I've got an idea, although it might be beyond the scope of this plugin.

It would be cool to be able to have different (customizable) coloured tabs depending the type of file. A quick glance could differentiate between CSS and PHP files, for instance.

It would require a whole lot that I am just not really interested in doing with this. Tab colors is really controlled by the theme and such.

Pwarts wrote:Also, will your plugin appear in the Package Manager soon?

I haven't put in a request yet, but I probably will sometime this week. I generally like to post a plugin here first and see the response from people before I make the request. If there is no interest, I usually don't bother.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:48 am

Changes were just committed. You should be prompted to with a message explaining how to update your menus.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Apparently in Windows, Tabs Extra would create menus with some funny characters. This was because the horizontal ellipsis (…) was getting converted wrong. Turns out, Python 3, as we all know, uses unicode for all strings. Even though the system returned "utf-8" as the default system encoding, sublime used "cp1252" as the default for all unicode strings...sigh.... Not sure why, maybe I am missing something here, but anyways, I provided a quick and dirty patch for it for now.

So, if your menus are showing funny characters for "Save As..." etc., update TabsExtra, and then update your menus. That should fix it.
facelessuser

Postby iamntz on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Win 8.1 here. I didn't see any issues (and works great, btw!)

iamntz

Postby facelessuser on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 pm

iamntz wrote:Win 8.1 here. I didn't see any issues (and works great, btw!)

Ruh Roh, hopefully I didn't mess it up for you in the future then...Maybe I need to see if I can detect what the default encoding used by sublime is. Maybe there is something off on my setup.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Appears to have been a local issue for me. I had to delete a sublime-pacakge archived version and then the unpacked one started behaving normally...weird.
facelessuser

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements