Sublime Forum

Shortcuts in menu now missing: version 3 beta

All,

The menu system in SublimeText used to show the keyboard shortcuts. It was super handy as I learned to use the shortcuts. For some reason it is no longer doing that for me. Does anyone know how to turn it back on?

Version: 3 beta

Thank you.

0 Likes

Digging this post up because I’m having the same issue.

Just moved to Ubuntu as my desktop box from Mac, and not having the key shortcuts in the drop down menus is REALLY annoying. I have to go digging through a JSON file to find them…?

Surely there’s a way to enable key shortcuts in the menus again.

0 Likes

I have the same problem with Unity: the shortcuts are not shown in the global menus.
I have found an ugly workaround when I saw this: sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/4 … -shortcut/.

Type Alt+F (or E, S, i, V, G, T, P, n, H) to open the menu you want (File, Edit, Selection, Find, View, Goto, Tools, Project*, Preferences, Help), it will show the chosen menu, with the shortcuts, but not the other menus, so you have to blindly navigate left and right to open another menu.
If it doesn’t do anything, you must first do “ctrl+shift+p -> toggle menu”, or “View -> show menu”. It will not actually be visible, but will allow opening it with the Alt shortcuts.

• Note that the Alt + P shortcut doesn’t actually work, for me…
0 Likes

Hi,

I have the exact same problem (Ubuntu 13.10). I was sure the shortcuts were here before, thank god I’m not crazy.
I’ve launched OpenOffice to see if if t’s an OS-global problem, but the shortcuts help is on Ooo menu.

Any idea why they’ve disappeared?

Thanks caseyfw for the tip. It sure was hard to find this topic, as any google search with “menu” and “shortcut” in it was about knowing “which shortcut makes the menu appear again” :smiley:

0 Likes