Sublime Forum

ST3 Bug? CSS selector auto completion popup does not work

I can confirm this bug as well. Sublime Text 3 Build 3059 - Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Exact same issue for me – the popup for autocomplete is broken in CSS files and can only be activated with keyboard control (Ctrl + Space)

0 Likes

Inside the package “CSS.sublime-package” there is a file named “Completion Rules.tmPreferences”, which is canceling completions for “source.css” and “meta.selector”. Just delete the file.

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

scope source.css meta.selector settings cancelCompletion .* [/code]
0 Likes

Yeah… I’ve ran into this issue too, makes me kinda sad.

0 Likes

@tito, where is this file you mention located? I haven’t been able to track this down, please let me know if you can.

Overall hopefully this issue has been reported as a bug in ST3 as it’s a pretty key feature that is missing / broken.

Thanks!

0 Likes

The file is inside the CSS package. Mainmenubar -> Packages -> Browse Packages. If there is no folder named CSS, then navigate one folder up, and enter to “Installed Packages”, there is a file named CSS.sublime-package which is a ZIP.

1 Like

Disable type hints in Docblockr blocks

Hmm, neither locations/files exist for me. But why would their be a CSS package installed, isn’t that just for packages you’ve added on, not core features/functionality? I’m on Win 7 setup by the way if that helps.

Major bummer as this a killer bug I’d like to fix, any ideas? Anyone else with an idea for the interim?

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/3/packages.html

Install sublime.wbond.net/packages/Pack … urceViewer, use it to open “CSS/Completion Rules.tmPreferences”, delete the file contents and save. If that only generates errors, undo the deletion and change <string>source.css meta.selector</string> to <string></string> so it won’t match anymore.

0 Likes

I also do not have a CSS.sublime-package inside of my “Installed Packages” folder. I’m on Mac w/ Sublime 3059.

Anyway I found this thread because I had a problem similar to this. I googled ‘meta.selector.css’ and wound up here.

I installed subhaze’s CSS Extended Completions package, and the css pseudo selectors would just not work.

Well anyway, if anyone else has that package installed and had the same problem I did just do this.

Edit your css_style_completions.sublime-settings User file.

Add this

{ "css_completion_scope": "" }

The default value is this

"css_completion_scope": "meta.selector.css"

I don’t know if that issue is related to this bug (probably it is?), but it did help me solve that problem so thank you.

0 Likes

Anyone else have any luck fixing this bug? I tried what @FichteFoll suggested and although I was able to edit the CSS/Completion Rules.tmPreferences, still no class/id name auto complete for me. It is still only accessible via “Ctrl+Space”. It would be great to have this functionality back. I have two different installs of ST3 Build 3059 with this issue, one a perfectly clean install. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes

Sorry, but if what I proposed doesn’t work I’m out of options currently (and don’t feel like digging into it again).

0 Likes

This is still an issue as of 09.08.2014, for anyone wondering.

I am using win 7 and can only get this to work by pressing CTR+SPACE, which is kinda weird…

0 Likes

FYI, I recently did some digging here which you can read at github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/283

0 Likes

Alright thanks for the info and for your efforts. But there is not any working solution as of now, correct?
I am just wondering why would this file be added if it doesn’t do anything besides killing autocompletion? On page1, you recommened to delete it (I haven’t tested that yet because I wanted to keep my install folder clean. But I’ll have to make a save and do it soon if nothing else can be done).

I should add that I am new to ST3 and so far it’s feeling great. I’d love to see this getting fixed though :smile:

0 Likes

github.com/SublimeText/Issues/i … t-51718270

0 Likes

Would really like to see this fixed. Tried the solutions listed in this thread to no avail (running Dev 3075 mac)

0 Likes

This is a breaking bug for front end developers…

How come this isn’t solved yet?

0 Likes

The Answer from tito was helpful for me. OS: win10. Take a minute to read his post and you will have success…

If not here is a step by step guide:
The questionable file is inside ‘CSS.sublime-package’ -> located in ‘C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\Packages’. You can open it with any zip-software. Inside you find the file to delete ‘Completion Rules.tmPreferences’. If this doesn’t work in your zip-software directly, extract all in a temp folder, delete the file and zip it back… rename -> restart ST3 -> success.

Cheers
Diffi

0 Likes

I just did a clean install of ST3 Build 3114 on a rMBP running El Capitan and this still happens, both with HTML and CSS files. Anyone has managed to fix this?

0 Likes

dam hour i update my sublime haha, i don’t want to use atom or brackets :frowning: have a lot things on sublime,

1 Like

Hi,

I live the same issue (2 year later sorry for the shovel) on the linux build 3114 and this post seem to be the most recent on this subject so I do the tricks by adding this line in my preferences.sublime-settings for open this pop-up on all alphabetic characters:

"auto_complete_triggers": [ {"selector": "text.html", "characters": "<abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy"} ]

If you have found better since, I am listening.

0 Likes