Sublime Forum

Create frame in a view

Hi,

I just discovered sublime and love it, I’d like now to have a panel or a frame in every view showing every functions or classes declared in the file (PHP), I looked around but I can’t find a way to create what I need, a panel on the left of each view, which I could fill with what I want.
As I understood regions is not what I need, panels neither.

Can someone give me a clue where to look at ?
Thank you

0 Likes

Or maybe reuse the sidebar with different context, do you think that would be possible ?

0 Likes

I am a bit of a newbie as well but I just so happen to be playing around with window layouts right now and I think that’s maybe going to have to be what you use.

So you will create a column layout: 2 columns, one for your panel showing functions and/or classes and other with the original sublime view.

You will need some global state so that you can keep track of which views are for your panels and which are not, so that you can create an on_query_context() method which returns true if you’re operating in one of your views. I assume you would want to click on the items in your panel and scroll the other view in place for example?

Let me know if this makes any sense. I am not sure about it but I think it’s doable.

0 Likes