Sublime Forum

Third party precompiled python modules

Hey could the support area be expanded with an overview of the file structure sublime uses, including what search paths python is using.

I am having some problems getting a .PYD file to work in a package, and I am not sure if I am putting the pyd in the wrong location, or it is something else. I have found putting it int he wrong location can make sublime refise to start with no error indicator as to what is wrong.

Sublime is now using python 26 correct?

thanks

• rob
0 Likes

From the latest beta:

[code]>>> import sys

sys.version
‘2.6.5 (r265:79096, Mar 19 2010, 21:48:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]’[/code]

0 Likes

asmodai: All I can say is Doh I know that…

Any help on the first point? What is the package structure. I am having difficulty getting .PYD to load.

0 Likes

Sounds like you want to look up sys.path in the Python console. On my installation, it is equal to'python26.zip', 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\astiob\\Application Data\\Sublime Text\\Packages\\AAALoadFirstExtensions\\site-packages', 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\astiob\\Application Data\\Sublime Text\\Packages\\AAALoadFirstExtensions', u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\astiob\\Application Data\\Sublime Text\\Packages\\ZenCoding', '.']and I assume that without extra packages like these installed it includes just python26.zip and the current working directory. sys.meta_path, which is checked before sys.path, on my installation is empty.

0 Likes