The more I need to do this in ST, the more I'm going crazy, sorry
There are also some bugs with search, but they are minor.
What's happening right now - I'm working in a single huge file on a single layout. Suddenly I need to jump to another place in the file to add some functions, but I also need to work on the same position as I am now, simultaneously. What I do now:
1. Open View -> Layout -> Rows: 2 (shortcut is almost impossible to press with one hand).
2. Click again inside the file from Group 1, because the focus automatically shifts to the new empty group (why?)
3. Go to File -> New View Into File (no shortcut for that and is not available if you skip 2.)
4. Drag the new tab into the second row.
5. In the new view into the same file, I am positioned at the top of the file instead of the last used position, so I have to search where I am.
Also the tabs are taking way too much vertical space, so I'm forced to use the side bar and turn off tabs
What I was doing with BBEdit and EditPlus before that.
1. Drag and drop the divider above the scroll bar to the middle of the screen - That's it!
The view is automatically split, the file is the same and the position of the file is if was a continuous file, just you can now scroll independently the two parts.
When you need to do this countless times a day it becomes a huge issue. Is there some other workflow that I'm not aware of in ST which can help in this case? I can't be the only one with this issue.