Sublime Forum

API Suggestion: Coloring of line numbers for lint, git etc

With BracketHighlighter, linter and gitgutter, the gutter gets pretty crowded these days. I saw that Atom supports both a gutter indicator and the coloring of line numbers. That would be a great addition for ST! BracketHighlighter could go to the gutter and the linter or gitgutter could color the line numbers red and yellow.

0 Likes

I’d like this too!

I think this feature in Atom just makes the whole sidebar far superior.

0 Likes

coloring the lines already works via ‘regions’, yet the ability to add a gutter for specific purpose would be useful, as each plugin could have a gutter of its own and coexist

0 Likes

not the complete line.

It’s a nice feature but the issue will be the same when more than one plugin want to color the line number.
I like to have more than one gutter icon (but no more than x (like 3) to not overflow) at the same time, maybe they could overlap a little to reduce the size.
Adding a priority list settings to choose which ones you want could be great too.

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]

not the complete line.

It’s a nice feature but the issue will be the same when more than one plugin want to color the line number.
I like to have more than one gutter icon (but no more than x (like 3) to not overflow) at the same time, maybe they could overlap a little to reduce the size.
Adding a priority list settings to choose which ones you want could be great too.[/quote]

I think having the line number itself highlighted, so it turns green for an addition or red for deletion (in terms of Git) then other plugins can overlay icons on top would be great.

0 Likes

Yes, I was also referring to the line numbers and not the entire lines. The idea is that git could color the line numbers (as mentioned, red for deletion, green for addition etc) and other plugins such as BracketHighlighter could use the gutter to place an icon there (as they do right now). Alternatively, the line numbers could be colored by the linter.

This approach would at least provide two ways to show things on the side, which is a bug progress. Plugins could provide an option to choose which one is used.

0 Likes