Sublime Forum

How to change sort order of ST3 Sidbar dir/files

Lately, I started using ST3’s sidebar more; especially since have it looking the way I like. However, currently, the Sidebar is sorting the files by name. I would like it to sort by last modified date (ascending). I searched on the forum, but the only thing I could find was about changing the sort order the “open files” list on top; not, the directory file list below. Edit: I dont have any real personal information in the image below.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

0 Likes

I don’t think there’s a way to change that currently. Sublime doesn’t have API’s for messing with the sidebar so what you see is what you get unfortunately.

+1 for the suggestion. Though I rarely use it myself, being able to browse and configure sort order especially for large lists and convoluted filenames would come in very handy from time to time. I’m afraid this goes on to the ever growing list of little asks that would make Sublime even more, well, Sublime :wink:

0 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. It’s good to have some closure with this. For whatever it’s worth, I’ll make a request for this feature in the “Ideas and Feature Requests” sub-forum. I’m guessing adding a feature like this is a trivial task for the developer. Hopefully, this feature will be seen by the developer.

0 Likes