Sublime Forum

Preventing "Scan:"s

Log Output:

scan: //some/path has been seen before, skipping (using inode) previous path: //some/other/path inode: 123456789012

I see thousands of lines like the above for various directories. I’m not exactly sure what the purpose of the scanning is for, but I assume it’s for indexing the files/directories – is that correct? Some of my directories are symlinks to very high level directories, which I think is causing very slow issues over a SAMBA backed network.

Programming has become unacceptable (delays while typing) and in order to regain my performance, I’ve tried turning off indexing and disabling inodes in my Preferences.sublime-settings — User file, which had no affect:

{ "index_files":false, "ignore_inodes":true }

After searching more, I found: sublimetext.com/docs/3/projects.html which discusses project/folder settings; however, I’m a little confused on what’s required (e.g., path, name) and what values should be used. To address the problem above, I think the easiest solution would be to specify the manually specify the symlinks that shouldn’t be followed. For instance, if the structure of my project folder looks like this:

Foo: etc -> /etc rootdir -> / projects -> ~/foo/bar/project-workspace

I would want to not follow etc or rootdir, but I would want it to traverse projects. What’s the proper way to do that? Using, folder_exclude_patterns or is the following correct?:

{ "folders": {"name":"Foo", "path":"rootdir", "follow_symlinks":false }] }

0 Likes