Sublime Forum

Sublime 3 + sshfs does not update timestamp on file

Like the topic says, if you have sublime 3 and use sshfs (remote mounted filesystem via ssh) it does not update the timestamp of the file.

I tested normal windows shares and they do update on ctrl-s, but when using sshfs and i perss ctrl-s it does save the file correctly but the timestamp is not updated. Since i use a framework which rebuilds based on new files it doesn’t work at all and i have to touch the files in order for it to work.

I did test sublime 2 and it does not have this issue.

So my question is, is this know? Is there a work around? Or did i simply forget a setting somewhere because i could not find a good solution looking for it on google.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Do i need to add this somewhere on a backlog?

0 Likes

I have the same issue with win-sshfs and sublime 3 build 3047.
It works correctly with sublime 2.

0 Likes

+1 using Sublime 3 build 3059 and Sshfs for Windows 0.0.1.5

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

0 Likes

probably the same issue … when editing a file in a vagrant shared folder, changes are sometimes not picked up by the virtual machine. (using vmware fusion)

0 Likes

Open user settings, add/edit:

"atomic_save": false,

Helped me, hope this helps you too. Cheers

0 Likes

I’ve seen this solution in several posts, but it just doesn’t work (for me) over SSHFS via MacFusion build 3059. This is kind of a major issue esp considering it works with other IDEs and ST2.

0 Likes

I’m in the same boat and having to quit + restart sublime text every time I change git branch or merge anything is really annoying. But not half as annoying when I forget to do that and save over modified files.

0 Likes

Is there any news on this issue? It’s still not properly refreshing in the latest version of ST3. I’ve tried using SSHFS and SMB on Mac OS X, but both show the same problems: not showing updated directory and file structure.

0 Likes