Sublime Forum

Is there a toolbar or way to make one?

Three questions:

• Is there a way to get a toolbar in Sublime Text 2?
  • Is there one coming in version 3?
  • If not, is there a way to make one for either version through customization?

Any help answering just those three questions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

(PS: I don’t care about general feelings surrounding the usefulness of a feature that is implemented in most other native desktop apps… Toolbars are all over the place. This bulletin board has many toolbars. I see other people asking for this feature, but I don’t see any solid answers from anyone who actually makes the product, unless I missed something.)

1 Like

Where?

0 Likes

Google - google.com/search?q=sublime … complete=0

0 Likes

Good, so you know how to use search!
Why did you opened one more thread?

I have a solution (more like an workaround) though, how should I proceed? Go to ALL opened threads and update them?

My solution: create a Main.sublime-menu in your user folder and add menu items as commands:

{
    "caption"  : "Save As...",
    "command": "prompt_save_as"
  }
]
0 Likes

Yes. I also know how to be polite.

None of those threads were asking the exact three questions that I had asked.

I am not sure what you mean by this. It seems off-topic with regards to my questions.

Thank you. I will consider that.

So, there is not one in ST2, however there is a work-around. I am still wondering if someone could politely answer the other question with authority - Is there one coming in ST3? Thanks.

0 Likes

I think the answer is here:
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/toolbar/156/7&hilit=toolbar#p1045

As I wrote 5 Years ago: it was nice, but I never used it.

0 Likes

You do know that opening another thread on a subject that is/was already discussed is not quite a sign of politeness, right?

That being said, hope my workaround works good for you (you may also try to take a look at packages that alter current toolbar, like package control)

0 Likes

Reopening months- or years-old threads is also considered impolite on many boards.

0 Likes

No chances to have one not even in ST4. There are too many commands to memorize. Would have been great to have smth like this:

and a file Toolbar.sublime-menu

0 Likes

Sublime Text 1 did have a toolbar, but it was removed in the later builds. There is an open issue for this https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_text/issues/1373

0 Likes