Sublime Forum

Creating a website

Hello,

I am in the need to create a website for a project. I have decided to use Sublime Text for this, however, I do not know how to create an official website. I have the coding elements down, but how can I apply my code into an official web page that people can find it on search engines and such. Please do help, I do not have much time. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

You need to learn HTML and CSS. This is a forum regarding a piece of software you use to write that.

0 Likes

I already know HTML and CSS, even some javascript. What I want to know is how to use the code I write and make it into an official web page.

0 Likes

To make it into official web page you need to fill an application for Approval for Official Web Page and send it to a representative of the Internet Officials Publishers Consortium. Once you are approved for application you can file the application and receive approval to publish an Official Web Page on the Internet. But you need to act quickly because you don’t have much time or you will be disapproved. And of course, since you already know CSS and HTML, I assume your have your license for Professional Official Web Page Publisher, otherwise you won’t be approved to publish an official web page.

0 Likes

Yoru,
Wow. Just… wow. Seriously?
Ok. Best bet? Yahoo SiteBuilder
"Build a professional web site or store with our easy-to-use tools — no prior experience necessary! "
secure.webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php
Or Google Sites sites.google.com/
Little different.

Now, that’s just “throwin’ up a ‘web page’” that you can link to and from in your ‘project’ etc. And they work pretty well for that. And you should probably do yourself a big favor and just stop reading here. Proceed at your own peril…

Don’t say I didn’t warn you…

But if you’re talking about doing custom coding, the likes of which would require a tool like ST3, and creating a full-blown web APP, even a ‘small’ one, then be prepared to spend about a year and a half ‘learning by doing’ everything you need to. (Well, that’s what it took ME, cuz I wanted to use NodeJS, Express, MongoDb, CoffeeScript, YUI3, Jade… and all that new stuff all the cool kids were playing with, (pfffft), but I’m just a dumb ol’ country programmer. And I had to UN-learn all the old MS-ASP.Net crap I used years ago. But that’s another story…))
And then you have to register a domain name. And get an SSL certificate.
And then… —> Google Compute Engine
cloud.google.com/products/compute-engine/
And you better know some Linux, which you probably already do, enough anyway.
But if you do, that’s the quickest easiest way to get it going.
Piece o’ cake, dude.
Best of luck.

bobef,
BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!! You’re cruel, man.
I mean, I’m mean, know what uh mean?
But you’re just cruel… :laughing:

0 Likes

I know this is old, but I just stumbled on it.
You guys are terrible people. Why would you treat someone learning how to code this way??

For anyone that wants an answer to Yoru’s question, you need a web host. Just search web host and find one you like and you can use them to put your coded web pages online.

1 Like

closed #7
0 Likes