Sublime Forum

Reloading of files after external access

I’ve been getting somewhat frustrated with ST2 as it seems to insist on automatically reloading the contents of files I have open when they are accessed by a separate process. I am not given the usual prompt informing me of external modification; I am simply bumped up to the top of the file as if I had just opened it.

I’m on Ubuntu 11.04 running build 2177 connected to two different servers (It happens on both) via a mounted samba share. The reload will happen if the script I am editing is either run via the web server, or if I simply scp the file to another different server.

0 Likes

bump?

0 Likes

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/5 … le-change/

0 Likes

Well, it’s good to see that I’m not the only one I suppose!

0 Likes

Hi. How can i enable reloading the file by tab switch (on focus in)? We are often modifying the same file by ST3 and when switching tabs nothing happen, but when switch the window file is reloaded. Please, need your help !!!

“always_prompt_for_file_reload”: true - is not working

0 Likes

With ST3 it seems to be the case that often the file is not reloaded at all (with or without prompt) when the file changes, for example after doing git operations. This has caused me to sometimes overwrite files with older versions, not realizing that the file had been updated on disk, but the changes weren’t reflected in ST3.

0 Likes

Please don’t revive old topics that haven’t been updated in over 6 months (despite almakano having done the same thing…). If you are encountering an issue please create a new topic.

0 Likes