Sublime Forum

Port to FreeBSD

Any ideas to port or run ST3 on FreeBSD?
Will ST3 be available on other OSes?

0 Likes

It would be great to have this editor on FreeBSd desktop , Iā€™m not a developper but I can help for testing .
Hope thiswill be ported soon.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œltmerlinā€]Any ideas to port or run ST3 on FreeBSD?
Will ST3 be available on other OSes?[/quote]

About a year ago I considered running a FreeBSD desktop and thought about the issue with ST3. Would it be possible to run it under the linux elf emulation layer? I imagine that most of the library dependencies should be able to be resolved via ports.

0 Likes

I created an account just to second this, Iā€™ want a FreeBSD port of my beloved ST :smile:

0 Likes

Seconded. :smile:

0 Likes

Would be a nice one, but for me - low prio.

and tacks - shut up and get the fā€¦ outta here, if you donā€™t like the project / community / developer. You have had the possibility to read through the forum, you have read and agreed to the EULA if you had bought a license. But my guess is: Thatā€™s just a dumb account to rattle and ramble, spreading bullsā€¦ and you even donā€™t have bought a license.

0 Likes

Linsux with its 1.4x % desktop market share doesnā€™t have any relevance either.

0 Likes

No it doesnā€™t

0 Likes

uh, no, and just jps surrendering to the annoying little noises of the ridiculously small number of Linsux users doesnā€™t make 1.4x % a relevant number of people. Grow a ball.

0 Likes

I really donā€™t understand why someone who hates so much ST to ask for refound still comes here, you got your money back and weā€™re happy for you, but now just move on and go somewhere else to trollā€¦

0 Likes

Uh, no, Linsux kids are weird. No wonder no one can take you seriously.

0 Likes

Adding my +1 for a FreeBSD x64 [native] desktop port.

0 Likes

Hello)
FreeBSD build is possible?

At least FreeBSD 10.1.

I think there is enough people that can help with building and packaging.
Thanks)

0 Likes

Thereā€™s a linux emulation port Iā€™ve made and its working mostly fine.

Iā€™ve just finished testing with linux64 support and it works.

Of course its not the ideal scenario, I.E. thereā€™s not support for important syscalls that make things like file watch failā€¦ but still I can use package control and most of the plugins I would use in windows so its still great.

0 Likes

Oh I would definitely love a native port to FreeBSD, itā€™s still my number 1 Unix system (then again, Iā€™m probably biased being an old BSD guy and FreeBSD committer). What mike-pt says is true though, the Linuxulator does a lot of heavy lifting and you can use it, but you will still miss out on a lot of native features that would give the full ST experience.

0 Likes

I use Debian (Sid) and bought a license for ST3ā€¦However, having native package for FreeBSD, Iā€™d consider switching to it (Lumina desktop) to be able to take full advantage of zfs. :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

++++1 for FreeBSD port.
I am professional user and I have purchased license and I am forced to use Linux, like thousands other users that silently do this as well.
This reminds me the situation of 90ā€™s, that I was forced to use MS Windows to get serious desktop software, now I am forced to use Linux even though I donā€™t like using Linux at all.
I also know many of my friends and open source groups running Linux on VMs for this reason (to be honest for watching Netflix as well, too :slight_smile: ).

I do not believe would be that hard guys to port it to FreeBSD, since all the programming tools and libraries exist for both OSā€™s with minor differences.

Please guys make the best editor around, cross-platform and the Unix community will support you.

1 Like

I could not agree moreā€¦

++++1 for FreeBSD port

0 Likes

I think the dev builds and 3.1 work on freebsd.

0 Likes

Happy new year!

Iā€™d love to have Sublime Text for FreeBSD. There are people that can help porting this!

https://twitter.com/jornane_no/status/1465306274833309698

0 Likes