Sublime Forum

SublimeLinter 3 is here!

I’m happy to announce that SublimeLinter 3 has landed, and it’s a huge improvement over previous versions.

• Linters are now separate ST3 plugins available via Package Control, so you are free to update the underlying linter binaries to the latest version.

• Extensive documentation at http://sublimelinter.readthedocs.org.

• Full access to most global settings via easy to access menus and commands.

• 10 all-new beautiful gutter icon themes, and it’s easy to add your own.

• Expanded settings support using global, project, per-directory and per-file settings.

• And much more!

**NOTE: **If you are upgrading from earlier versions of SublimeLinter (including ST3 branches), please note that SublimeLinter 3 is not a drop-in replacement.

For more info, please see http://sublimelinter.readthedocs.org.

0 Likes

Oh! Pretty nice man!

You may want to change gutter theme setting though, from

"gutter_theme": "Packages/SublimeLinter/gutter-themes/Default.gutter-theme",

to

"gutter_theme": "Packages/SublimeLinter/gutter-themes/Default/Default.gutter-theme",
0 Likes

Good catch, thank you!

0 Likes

Just a quick note (not sure if it’s a bug or a feature) about jshint (probably it behave the same in other linters): every time i change anything in .jshintrc file, i have to restart the editor, because the config file is not reloaded.

Also, this works:

"args": "--config=C:\\work\\tools\\.jshintrc"]

This doesn’t:

"args": "--config=C:\\work\\tools\\.jshintrc"

( As is stated here: sublimelinter.readthedocs.org/en … tings.html )

0 Likes

Also, it seems that is overwritting HTML package. The thing is that I already had done this and the plugin breaks my changes. In fact, if i didn’t had packages under version control, i would have lost my html package changes & settings.

Maybe it’s a good idea to append stuff instead of overwriting? (or even add a manual step; is better than having everything wiped)

0 Likes

Hello Aparajita or anyone that can help,

I love the add in, but can not seem to get it to work for my Arduino code. I apologize if my question is rudimentary or if I am not providing enough information for someone to help. Please let me know if you do need additional information.

This is what I have done to date:

• Installed Sublime Text 3
  • Installed Package control
  • Downloaded Stino through package control
  • Downloaded Sublimelinter through package control
  • Downloaded cppcheck, contrib-clang, javac,cpplint, jscs, jshint, jsl, json
  • I read in the messages that there needs to be some activation done, but do not understand what I need to do or how to do it. Do I need to perform “Finding a linter executable”? If so how do I do this in Laymens terms…
  • If that is not the issue, is there something else I am missing?

The linter seems to be working fine when I edit the usr file and forget a semi colon, but does nothing in a .ino file.

I also updated the usr file to include:

“clang”: {
@disable”: false,
“args”: ],
“excludes”: ],
“extra_flags”: “”,
“include_dirs”:
“/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/sam/cores/arduino”,
“/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/sam/system/libsam/”, “/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/sam/variants/arduino_due_x”, “/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/”, “/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/include/”, “/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.4.1/include”
]

Thank you again for any help and please excuse lack of clarity if there is any.

Best,

0 Likes

That’s because it has no idea that Arduino syntax is actually C++, so the C++ linter is never activated.

See sublimelinter.com/en/latest/ … syntax-map

0 Likes

I’m a beginner with Sublime Text, I’m working with Windows 7, Python 3.4 and I’m trying to have a linting for C++.

I tried with both cppcheck/cpplint, adding one path, adding all the paths, installed pip, read the documentation, re-read the documentation, check forums, google group, I reinstalled Sublime Text…

This is my User settings, the one which give me the “best” result

{ "user": { "debug": true, "delay": 0.25, "error_color": "D02000", "gutter_theme": "Packages/SublimeLinter/gutter-themes/Default/Default.gutter-theme", "gutter_theme_excludes": ], "lint_mode": "background", "linters": { "cppcheck": { "@disable": false, "args": ], "enable": "style", "excludes": ], "std": ] }, }, "mark_style": "outline", "no_column_highlights_line": false, "paths": { "linux": ], "osx": ], "windows": ] }, "python_paths": { "linux": ], "osx": ], "windows": ] }, "rc_search_limit": 3, "shell_timeout": 10, "show_errors_on_save": false, "show_marks_in_minimap": true, "syntax_map": { "c++": "c++", "html (django)": "html", "html (rails)": "html", "html 5": "html", "php": "html", "python django": "python" }, "warning_color": "DDB700", "wrap_find": true } }

This is the output from the console in Debug Mode but nothing is working

SublimeLinter: cppcheck activated: My Path\To\cppcheck.exe SublimeLinter: cppcheck: test.cpp 'My Path\\To\\cppcheck.exe', '--template=gcc', '--inline-suppr', '--quiet', '--enable=warning', '--enable=style', '@']

Please help…

0 Likes

You may have better luck getting help on the SublimeLinter google group.

For what it’s worth, this was mentioned in the README, in the online documentation, and in the splash screen that came up in ST3 if you installed via Package Control.

0 Likes