Sublime Forum

ST 2/3 Sidebar Ridiculously slow

Hi Guys,

I’m a php developer, recently moved to ST, and loving it, brilliant editor but for one problem.

When i browse 4-5 levels deep in a folder in the sidebar the folders suddenly start taking a ridiculous (read: unuseable) time to load.

I have a network drive with my systems spread across them, on any given day i could need to only access one of my systems, in which case i would set up a project just made up of those folders. Or i may need to access 10 different systems, if a lot of people call up with bugs / technical questions, and then i would just make a project consisting purely of the network drive all the systems are on, and pop in and out of each folder as and when i need to.

I’m used to much fuller IDE’s, am i just using ST wrong? should i be using Explorer to find the required riles and then just opening them in ST? or is there something deeper going wrong here?

I’ve had the same problem in both ST 2 and 3, and in ST 3 I tried installing SideBar Enhancements but that didn’t help either.

Any ideas would be most welcome, this is the only issue stopping me from purchasing it at the moment!

0 Likes

You’re doing it wrong.

Sublime is designed around projects. Ideally projects would contain one root folder, say ~/Sites/mywebsite.com.

Then use the Project Switcher to go between them. Sometimes I have two root folders in a project for shared libraries etc.

0 Likes