Sublime Forum

Can't open user keybinding settings for packages

Hi,

All of the sudden, I just can’t open user keybinding config files for the packages I have.

Whenever I click “Key Bindings - User”, sublime just opens the default sublime user keybindings.

I’ve tried the following

1. Removed package control and re-installed it.
  2. Removed all the packages and re-installed them.

When I look at the console, I don’t see any errors when clicking “Key Bindings - User”.

What should I do?

0 Likes

Check your User folder if the files are actually there. If they are not, something probably deleted them.

Its path is Data/Packages/User.

docs.sublimetext.info/en/sublime … -directory

0 Likes

Hi @FichteFoll,

I’ve looked into the directory ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User.

I don’t see any files ending with .sublime-keymap. So I’ve created Alignment.sublime-keymap for the Alignment plugin.

I still can’t open the file. Sublime just opens up the Default (OSX).sublime-keymap.

0 Likes

Hi @FichteFoll,

I’ve looked into the directory ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User.

I don’t see any files ending with .sublime-keymap. So I’ve created Alignment.sublime-keymap for the Alignment plugin.

I still can’t open the file. Sublime just opens up the Default (OSX).sublime-keymap.

0 Likes

Oh, I see now. The reason for that is actually that plugins usually open the Default User keybinding when clicking “Preferences > Package Settings > Package Name > Key Bindings - User”.

I personally prefer to have all my keybindings centralized as well and just separate the with comment sections (because those are not removed easily, like with the preferences).

0 Likes