Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST2|ST3: Aprosopo Theme

Re: ST2|ST3: Unnamed Theme (name ideas?)

Postby facelessuser on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:19 pm

jbrooksuk wrote:How about an option that makes the theme change based on the scheme, like the default does? That way it'd lighten up if using a light scheme

Some people might like the contrast of a light theme and dark scheme. I will see. I am still not sure how different the light theme will be from the dark. I have to see what looks good and what doesn't.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 pm

- Enabled an experimental light version. Probably as light as I am going to do :).
- Now supports sidebar icons
- Properly abstracts ST2 and ST3 variants when selecting themes via the menu.

Check the OP for new screenshots.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Wed May 14, 2014 11:33 pm

- ST2 theme setting from the menu was broken, but it is now fixed
- Tweaks to visuals (will probably have to update screenshots)

So yeah, ST2 works again. Completely forgot to test that...
facelessuser

Postby Clams on Fri May 16, 2014 7:11 am

Really cool Theme !
I love that you added a lot of different option all accessible through menu.
Clams

Postby facelessuser on Fri May 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Clams wrote:Really cool Theme !

Thanks!

Clams wrote:I love that you added a lot of different option all accessible through menu.

I thought it was a neat idea that I hadn't seen anyone do yet, so I thought I would try it out.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Mon May 26, 2014 4:05 am

- A number of light theme fixes and improvements have been added.
- Some general theme tweaks.
- Also, open files now show a generic file icon that is colored with the selected "dirty" color when the file is not saved.
- New menu option to hide tab close button except on tab hover

See OP for update screenshots.
facelessuser

Postby quodlibet on Mon May 26, 2014 2:00 pm

The light theme is still a bit off for me -- and I don't use dark themes -- but I have a name to suggest.

Faceless, in Greek, is "Aprosopo" (απρόσωπο) -- that's the gender neutral form of the word.

Whaddya think?

Alex
quodlibet

Postby facelessuser on Mon May 26, 2014 2:19 pm

quodlibet wrote:The light theme is still a bit off for me -- and I don't use dark themes -- but I have a name to suggest.

Any suggestions? Accent colors too pastel? Dark buttons in the light theme no good? I don't use light themes, I am slowly trying to make it more acceptable, but some feedback might help me get on track. I honestly haven't put a lot of effort in the light theme, and some of my choices are based on laziness. The color scheme of accent colors don't all work on a light back ground, so I left the buttons dark. I am personally thinking about switching the accent colors back to match the dark. I may reduce the light theme color options since only some of the colors work on the light background. Also, I may eventually re-style the dark elements to a lighter variant. It just requires time for me, I was originally hoping I could keep general things common between the dark and light theme (like I said, I don't use light themes, so it wasn't important to me), but as time goes on, I am slowly forcing myself to re-tool the light theme and and make it more different. I think it has improved, but I think my general feeling is aligned with yours.

quodlibet wrote:Faceless, in Greek, is "Aprosopo" (απρόσωπο) -- that's the gender neutral form of the word.

I like it :).
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Mon May 26, 2014 3:18 pm

I think the big thing is I still need lighten up the dark elements. I am also still not satisfied with the folder icons...

But again, feedback is welcome. I am only trying to do the light theme for others, not myself. I will see what I can do over the next couple of weeks.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Tue May 27, 2014 4:44 am

Been stuck at home taking care of injured family member, so I finished up the Light theme (for real this time):

- Stopped being lazy and finally updated and tweaked all light theme graphics and settings (generally much lighter feel)
- Cleaned up folder icons
- New Light Color Scheme (see screenshots)

Within the next week, I will rename the repo to Aprosopo (thanks quodlibet). This will cause the settings to all change. Sorry, but I did tell everyone the theme was in beta and subject to change.

Now is probably the time to give feed back on the light theme. I can't promise how motivated I will be a week from now ;).

So here is the completed light theme compared to dark theme as well:
facelessuser

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements