Sublime Forum

ST3 and DDE on windows

Apologies for cross-posting—I first asked this question in the Technical Support forum, but this is actually a plugin development question. So, here goes.

Short story: as part of the LaTeXTools plugin, I wrote Python code to send DDE Commands to the Sumatra PDF viewer; actually. the code was completely generic, and could send any DDE command to any DDE server. This worked just fine on ST2 / Python 2.6, but no longer works under ST3 / Python 3.3. To make matters even more interesting, a stand-alone version of the exact same code (which only removes ST2/3 functions and packages the code as a Python function rather than a ST textcommand) works just fine if invoked from the command line, using either Python 2.X or Python 3.X!

Here’s the code:

gist.github.com/msiniscalchi/80 … 4e56193938

There is no issue until the DDEClientTransaction function is invoked. Then, ST3 freezes, and comes back after a while with a DDE error 0x4006. Again, this does NOT occur if I invoke the function from the (Windows) command-line, using either Python 2 or Python 3—things work as expected.

Any ideas? My wild conejcture is that the plugin_host communicates with ST3 using DDE, and this may create some complications for other DDE calls.

0 Likes

(bump)

Anyone? Jon? Please?

0 Likes