Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Movable sidebar / filebrowser

Movable sidebar / filebrowser

Postby rmmoul on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:03 pm

This seems so trivial that I actually thought I was stupid for not being able to figure out how to do it..... Turns out it's not possible for some reason.

Please update the sidebar so that it can be docked on the right.
rmmoul

Re: Movable sidebar / filebrowser

Postby aziz on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:48 am

You can give FileBrowser plugin a try:
https://github.com/aziz/SublimeFileBrowser

I appreciate your feedback, shared the same frustrations about sidebar shortcomings.
PlainTasks: my opinionated todo plugin
tmThemeEditor color-scheme editor for SumblimeText and Textmate (code on github)
aziz

Postby cliffrowley on Thu May 29, 2014 11:33 pm

I'd like to register my desire for this feature if I may. As I posted elsewhere in the forum:

I'd really like to see this feature too. ST is the only editor I use where the sidebar is fixed to the left, and it jars my workflow pretty badly. I have a large resolution (2048x1280) with iTerm on the left and <editor> on the right. The file tree between them is a real distraction, so much so that I've had to ditch ST for now and use either Atom or TM (currently Atom).

Dismiss the importance if you will, I envy that it doesn't bother you - however for some of us it's a deal breaker. Our minds work differently, and mine can't jump between my code and my terminal smoothly with a wall of file tree between them.
cliffrowley

Postby tito on Fri May 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests