Sublime Forum

Can we have an option to hide the sidebar disclosure arrows?

Now that we have sidebar icons with folders that have open and closed states, the disclosure arrows are not really necessary and just take up more sidebar real-estate…especially in a project with many levels deep (yes I know about CMD+T, but I’m talking about the sidebar right now).

Can we have an option to hide the sidebar disclosure buttons (arrows), or is this possible through theming?

Example:

THIS:

VS. THIS:

0 Likes

Soda Theme - New features and ST3 support

+1 on that

0 Likes

It’s already possible to hide them throught theming,
there are 2 things you have to take care of:

"class": "sidebar_tree",
"indent": 0, // original value is 16
"class": "disclosure_button_control",
"content_margin": [0,0], // original value is [8,8]

doing so will hide disclosure controls from sidebar.

1 Like

It should be noted that setting

"indent": 0, // original value is 15

will remove the indentation of child folders, which is slightly confusing to me. So I chose to leave “indent” at 15, which, incidentally, seems to be the current default value.

I was not sure where to make this correction, so for future reference:

know that your ‘Installed Packages/Theme - Soda.sublime-package’ is really just a zip file. If you unpack it and put the decompressed files into ‘Packages/Theme - Soda’, they will override their counterparts in ‘Installed Packages/Theme - Soda.sublime-package’.
(ref.: Packages - Overriding Files From a Zipped Package)
Knowing that, here’s how to make this correction:

1. Locate the soda theme package file (usually found in ‘Installed Packages/Theme - Soda.sublime-package’)

2. Make a folder in ‘Packages’ named the same as your package minus the extension - in this case, that would be ‘Packages/Theme - Soda’

3. I have sublime Text 3, so I decompress ‘Installed Packages/Theme - Soda.sublime-package’ and copy ‘Soda Light 3.sublime-theme’ to ‘Packages/Theme - Soda’ (If I had ST2, I would assume I would copy ‘Soda Light.sublime-theme’ instead)

4. Edit ''Packages/Theme - Soda/Soda Light 3.sublime-theme as described above and hit save

5. Restart Sublime

0 Likes

I don’t know about Soda, but here’s a better way that preserves indentation in the default theme:

{ "class": "sidebar_tree", "indent_offset": 0, //original is 17 ...
And instead of adjusting content_margin you can do it by opacity if you want:

[code]
// Normal
{
“class”: “disclosure_button_control”,
“layer0.opacity”: 0.0, //original is 1.0

},

// While hovering
{
“class”: “disclosure_button_control”,
“parents”:

“layer1.opacity”: 0.0 //original is 1.0
…[/code]If you don’t change the hovering one then the arrows will only show up when you hover.

0 Likes

Changing the indetation, as Inkling said, was meant to adjust label’s position when disclosure buttons are hidden/missing,
I think it depends from theme to theme (I tried on my own theme and identation change was needed).
Edit: “indent_offset” seems to move ALL the content of the sidebar, while “indent” only moves the label controls, so you have 2 different option to adjust horizontal position…

Anyway also setting opacity to 0 is a solution…
In addition, you can also setup a theme setting to toggle them just add another “disclosure_button_control” after the original one with:

{
  "class": "disclosure_button_control",
  "settings": "hide_disclosure_buttons"],
  "content_margin": [0,0]
  // or "layer0.opacity": 0.0 if you simply wants to hide them
}

and, if you want to adjust label’s position also a new “sidebar_tree” block after the former one with:

{
  "settings": "hide_disclosure_buttons"],
  "indent": 0
 // or "indent_offset": 0 ...
}

then in you User setting just add:

"hide_disclosure_buttons":true // don't forget to add trailing comma if it's not set as last property in the json

to hide them…

0 Likes

Hi pryley, How do you change the file type icon ??

I really want to known. THX

0 Likes

[quote=“WensonSmith”]Hi pryley, How do you change the file type icon ??
I really want to known. THX[/quote]

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15971&start=30&hilit=sidebar+icons

0 Likes