Sublime Forum

Using textmate cakephp bundle for sublime

Hello Support,

I have downloaded textmate “cakephp bundle” (svn.textmate.org/trunk/Review/Bu … .tmbundle/) to use them with sublime. I copy pasted “PHP Cake.tmbundle/” to %APPDATA%\Roaming\Sublime Text\Packages\ (windows 7).

Now that bundle is visible in editor: Tools > Snippets > PHP Cake.tmbundle

Whenever I open PHP file and try to apply any tabTrigger it’s not working. May be I don’t know how to use it. I tried to select cakephp from bottom right language menu, but it’s not under list.

I need help to activate/use that bundle for my cakephp projects. Any idea how to do it?

Regards,
Vikas

0 Likes

Move all files from the subfolders inside the bundle to the bundle folder. And rename the latter to simply PHP Cake, as the .tmbundle does not change anything in Sublime Text.

The language list in the bottom right corner will list ‘HTML (PHP Cake)’.

Edit: hm, but I do not see any tab triggers listed in that package anyway.

0 Likes

To elaborate on Chortos-2’s answer, Sublime Text doesn’t work with TextMate bundles directly, but does have some support for the individual files found within a TextMate bundle: most snippets and syntax definitions should work, but other things, like commands and macros won’t.

When you say “try to apply any tabTrigger it’s not working”, I assume you mean that you’re referring to one of the snippets in that bundle? As mentioned above, you’ll first have to set the current file to use the “HTML (PHP Cake)” syntax, via the button on the status bar: the snippets should then trigger as expected.

0 Likes

Thank you admin (@jps) for your reply.

Yes, I am referring to that only.

I am attaching here whole zip file of textmate cakephp bundle. Would you please copy them in your %APPDATA%\Roaming\Sublime Text\Packages\ directory and let me know, why can’t we see “HTML (PHP Cake)” syntax in the menu attached to button on the status bar.

I think a little editing/hack is required to get this work.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas
PHP Cake.tmbundle.zip (78.1 KB)

0 Likes

Try this:

• Exit Sublime Text
  • Delete %APPDATA%/Sublime Text/Packages/Default/Syntax Summary.cache
  • Start Sublime Text

If that doesn’t work, then move “HTML (PHP Cake).tmLanguage” from “Packages/PHP Cake/Syntaxes” to “Packages/PHP Cake” and repeat the above steps.

0 Likes

Yes, Now it’s working!

It’s showing HTML (PHP Cake) in status bar menu and tabTrigger also works fine on *.ctp files.

Thank you for the support. :smile:

0 Likes

Oh. I did not realize snippets were the thing not working. Anyway, I am glad the problem is solved now.

P. S. So Sublime Text does read files in additional levels of subdirectories?

0 Likes

Yep, for everything except python plugins.

0 Likes

thanks for all your help :smile:

0 Likes

The logical place for CakePHP to live on my systems is /usr/lib/cakephp, along side Pear and other libraries. I also maintain multiple versions of the framework as I have 1.3 projects and many 2.x projects.

0 Likes