Sublime Forum

Problem Installing Packages

Hi,

I recently downloaded Sublime Text 3 (I had ST2), and downloaded package manager. From there, I installed SublimeLinter and it seemed to be successfully installed, but I could not get it to work at all. When I do ctrl shift p and type sublimelinter a bunch of commands come up so I know it is installed. I thought that I was just having a problem with that specific package, so I tried to install the soda theme and emmet package, and it said that they were successfully added. However, when I try to use emmet it is as if it was never installed. In addition, if I go to preferences -> Color Scheme there is no soda color scheme. This was very confusing, so I tried to mess with it for a few hours, but found no solution. Finally, I just downloaded a theme from github called spacegray and pasted it into my preferences -> browse packages folder which seems to be inside of Roaming/SublimeText3, and I was able to change to the spacegray color scheme by going to Preferences -> Color Scheme. Does anyone have any idea why I can’t install stuff using package manager and why sublimelinter doesn’t pick up errors at all? I tried reinstalling sublime and I am on a windows machine.

Edit: tried resetting sublime text by deleting the sublime text 3 folder in roaming AppData and messed around with it again. Here is my console output: pastebin.com/MaExUMDt I’m getting a weird winerror 5 access denied error do I have to change my path? And if so how do I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes

For sublime linter I’d say read up on their docs, there was a rewrite of that package sublimelinter.readthedocs.org/en … ation.html

For soda theme, that theme does not provide a Color Scheme like Space Gray, it’s just a them for the Sublime Text UI, scroll down to activating theme buymeasoda.github.io/soda-theme/

For the emmet bit, not sure where to help with just “it is as if it was never installed”

0 Likes