Sublime Forum

Buggy Highlighting

After I installed a package called “SublimeHighlight”, the javascript showed differently some parts have red backgrounds colors when it shows in a browser. so after I deleted the background and font color of html file in Sublime, i may have clicked something on the View menu. Since then, the highlighting of javascript file in Sublime started not highlighting the part that I edited in HTML file.

I deleted all my files in Preferences and Application Support, also cleaned with CleanMyMac and restarted and reinstalled but didn’t work.

After I researched it had to do something with .tmLanguage file and look into my Packages folder in Application Support but all it has there is User folder and there are Package Control files and Preferences files. If that’s causing the problem, it should have fixed when I deleted and reinstalled the folder earlier.

Please tell me if there are any other folder that saves the highlighting preferences, other than Preferences, Application Support and the app itself.

Please help me solve this issue to be able to highlight codes in a default manner.

0 Likes

What do you mean by “browser”? I ask because Sublime Text doesn’t dictate what is shown in a browser, the code you write does.

[quote=“spring41”]I deleted all my files in Preferences and Application Support, also cleaned with CleanMyMac and restarted and reinstalled but didn’t work.

After I researched it had to do something with .tmLanguage file and look into my Packages folder in Application Support but all it has there is User folder and there are Package Control files and Preferences files.[/quote]

Package Control should not be there if you’ve properly cleaned the ST folder out, unless, you’ve reinstalled Package Control. But I’m not positive that you have via the OP.

Incase you’ve not seen these links, they instruct on how to properly revert to a fresh ST install.

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html
sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes