Sublime Forum

Problems with Sublime in OSX Lion

Hello @jps,

Im having some problems with Sublime due to OSX Lion and im having some errors:

Writing file /Volumes/HOME/douglas/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/User/Default (OSX).sublime-keymap with encoding UTF-8
Writing file /Volumes/HOME/douglas/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/User/Default (OSX).sublime-keymap with encoding UTF-8
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./sublimelint_plugin.py”, line 286, in _callback
File “./sublimelint_plugin.py”, line 271, in _update_view
File “./sublimelint_plugin.py”, line 177, in background_run
File “./sublimelint_plugin.py”, line 193, in run_once
File “./sublimelint/modules/jshint.py”, line 34, in run
File “./sublimelint/modules/jshint.py”, line 17, in check
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py”, line 623, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py”, line 1141, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Is there something i can do to fix this ? Or make it using Python 2.7 ?

Thanks !

0 Likes

That output is from the sublimelint plugin, perhaps the author of that will be able to help you

0 Likes

@dsarch that seems to have nothing to do with Lion at all… it’s most likely you’re missing the jshint command. Check github.com/jshint/jshint to see how to install it.

0 Likes

Hello @kronuz,

I really searched how to install it, and by the source, you are searching for a jshint command and i just found references to jshint.js. How do i install this ?

Thanks !

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue with ST2 in Mavericks, with CoffeeScript plugin.
Everytime I try to run some of the plugin function I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 356, in run_
  File "./CoffeeScript.py", line 90, in run
  File "./CoffeeScript.py", line 32, in brew
  File "./CoffeeScript.py", line 22, in run
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1141, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I saw this same error being commented for different plugins across the web. Its seems to be more of a generic issue.
Wonder if you guys came to find a solution.

0 Likes

Have you installed coffee script, or setup your env for the plugin if you have it installed in the non-default location. Here’s the bit of code that could be breaking on you due to paths/bins missing.

github.com/Xavura/CoffeeScript- … ipt.py#L16

0 Likes

Thanks subhaze, your direction was correct. CoffeeScript binaries were not available on the system.
I’ve done my last coffeescripts in last year, and I can’t remember of uninstalling its binaries on this machine. It’s been a while, and something had removed it.
I just followed the official installation steps , and it started working again. Strange was that in the last time I’ve installed it, Node.js and Node Package Manager were not required.
Well, it’s solved. Thanks again!

0 Likes