Sublime Forum

Development Status - July 2014

Thanks for the update Kari, much appreciated! =) also sublimator for sharing, sublimator for president! :slight_smile:

Please, listen the community screams

[quote]Move as much as possible out of core and make it community maintained packages
[/quote]

Rememberer… more APIs! Keep it up, take your time, thank you

Kind regards

0 Likes

Kari, thank you so much for the update! Yes, the announcement should probably also be posted in the blog.

This is major news for me as my employer has allowed me to start using ST3 for development with COBOL, JCL, and ASM on z/OS. I’m still working on a package that helps with a large portion of the workflow, and makes ST3 SOO MUCH BETTER than a TSO & z/OS environment for development. Glad to know that I won’t have to jump over to Atom in order to give my department a modern editor.

Also, big shoutout to bitlang for the COBOL Syntax package. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it.

0 Likes

Finally, :smile:
i feel relieved

In my humble opinion, the first things that needs to be done is to :

• Update the api and give a lot more access to the features of the software in order to be able to build better plugins.
  • Update the api docs, cuz the current doc suck and very outdated.

Where i leave we have a saying “One hand can’t clap”. Having a single dev (that has other responsibilities in job and life) on such a great software that is used by a lot of users around the world isn’t really a good idea, especially while a lot of alternatives are rising.

Adding to that the lack of communication with the community will result in a lot of rumors. (i really hope that in the future, that we users of sublime will be updated more frequently)

Thank you Kari

0 Likes

How did I miss this… so awesome! ST should hire wbond for ST4… :wink:

0 Likes

She forgot to mention aliens. I truly believe this John guy is from another planet… This software is good stuff, Kari keep him working and feed him coffee every two hours! No sleep! All the best, RomRP

0 Likes

Hi again, glad this post has proven useful.

To answer a few queries:
FORUM
Yes, we do intend to make the switch to another forum provider, as we agree this bad boy is a bit dated. It’s on the list of things to do once 3.0 is out.
SOCIAL MEDIA/COMMUNICATION WITH USERS
The power of posting to the blog and tweeting is not in my hands; it’s done at Jon’s discretion, and while I have brought my post to his attention, it has not yet made the cut. Again, increasing marketing and a stronger community management presence are future goals.
SUGGESTIONS
As always, the best place to make your voice heard for feature adds and suggestions to expand the product is the user echo: sublimetext.userecho.com
Contrary to popular belief, this does get read for ideas.

Always happy to address individual concerns: kari@sublimetext.com

0 Likes

Sublimetext developement
New dev status please?

Thanks a lot, appreciate the update. Glad to hear that our plugin works are future proof. Looking forward for 3.0 and 4.0.

0 Likes

Tick tock.

0 Likes

[quote=“vjik”]

Tick tock.[/quote]

Still plenty of time left.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

Tick tock.
Still plenty of time left.[/quote]

Not really.

0 Likes

10 days.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

10 days.[/quote]

It’s been almost 4 months since the last dev build.

0 Likes

[quote=“simonzack”]

10 days.
It’s been almost 4 months since the last dev build.[/quote]

Yes, and?

0 Likes

Dev build is out, with stable beta version to follow:

0 Likes

Everything that’s missing here is “notify me of replies” - which is basically just an option.

0 Likes

Any chance of a student license in the future? I’ve moved over to scotland to study and just can’t afford to pay 52 euro for this software at this time.

0 Likes

Will 4 be released before 3?

0 Likes

Maybe even in this decade. jps has now pleased the fanboy crowd by another underwhelming release, so I guess another six months of silence will ensue.

It’s pretty lame.

0 Likes

[quote=“stikker”]

Maybe even in this decade. jps has now pleased the fanboy crowd by another underwhelming release, so I guess another six months of silence will ensue.

It’s pretty lame.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. There won’t be a chance as long as this is jps’s “spare time” project.

0 Likes

Kari - any chance for a regular monthly update?

I don’t care if it’s 6 months between releases - I just get the warm-n-fuzzies knowing work is being done.

It’s the lapses of communication which hurt. :unamused:

Jim

0 Likes