Sublime Forum

Fastest way to dismiss autocomplete tooltips?

What is the fastest way to dismiss autocomplete tooltips? At the moment, I use the arrow keys or the Esc key, because both Enter and Tab will select the first option.

Is it possible to instead disable the Enter key for selecting autocomplete options, and instead just use the Tab key for that? Because oftentimes, I want to create a new line when the autocomplete tooltip appears, and yet I want to create a new line. But I can’t, because Enter selects the first option by default.

Thanks

0 Likes

I think the preference “auto_complete_commit_on_tab” can be set to true for the behaviour you want. At least it works for me.

Edit: there is a whole range of settings that you can fine-tune auto-complete behaviour.

0 Likes

[quote=“angusyeh”]I think the preference “auto_complete_commit_on_tab” can be set to true for the behaviour you want. At least it works for me.

Edit: there is a whole range of settings that you can fine-tune auto-complete behaviour.[/quote]

Wow that setting is amazing. It should definitely be the default (although I say that about a LOT of the Sublime Text 3 settings, it seems).

0 Likes