Sublime Forum

SFTP Package - Line Endings

I’m having an issue with line endings when they are uploaded using FTP to our server. When I was using FileZIlla before, it uses ASCII to transfer the files so the line endings get converted when uploading from my Windows machine to our Linux server. However with the SFTP package this is not happening and it seems to be using Binary mode. Is there any way to change this or a way around this?

Many thanks.

0 Likes

[quote=“stuartwfuk”]I’m having an issue with line endings when they are uploaded using FTP to our server. When I was using FileZIlla before, it uses ASCII to transfer the files so the line endings get converted when uploading from my Windows machine to our Linux server. However with the SFTP package this is not happening and it seems to be using Binary mode. Is there any way to change this or a way around this?

Many thanks.[/quote]

No, you need to configure Sublime Text to use the line endings you want on the server. Dealing with converting line endings means I would need to parse the content of your files, which would open a whole world of hurt dealing with files that have borked encodings.

0 Likes