Tick tock.
Still plenty of time left.[/quote]

Not really.

0 Likes

10 days.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

10 days.[/quote]

It’s been almost 4 months since the last dev build.

0 Likes

[quote=“simonzack”]

10 days.
It’s been almost 4 months since the last dev build.[/quote]

Yes, and?

0 Likes

Dev build is out, with stable beta version to follow:

0 Likes

Everything that’s missing here is “notify me of replies” - which is basically just an option.

0 Likes

Any chance of a student license in the future? I’ve moved over to scotland to study and just can’t afford to pay 52 euro for this software at this time.

0 Likes

Will 4 be released before 3?

0 Likes

Maybe even in this decade. jps has now pleased the fanboy crowd by another underwhelming release, so I guess another six months of silence will ensue.

It’s pretty lame.

0 Likes

[quote=“stikker”]

Maybe even in this decade. jps has now pleased the fanboy crowd by another underwhelming release, so I guess another six months of silence will ensue.

It’s pretty lame.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. There won’t be a chance as long as this is jps’s “spare time” project.

0 Likes

Kari - any chance for a regular monthly update?

I don’t care if it’s 6 months between releases - I just get the warm-n-fuzzies knowing work is being done.

It’s the lapses of communication which hurt. :unamused:

Jim

0 Likes

In any case, looking forward to ST3! Thanks again for the great work Jon + Kari.

0 Likes

[quote=“thecrumb”]Kari - any chance for a regular monthly update?

I don’t care if it’s 6 months between releases - I just get the warm-n-fuzzies knowing work is being done.

It’s the lapses of communication which hurt. :unamused:

Jim[/quote]

Here is your last 6 months of updates.

Month 1:

Thought about writing code, didn’t’ bother

Month 2:

Wrote one line of code for some useless feature, might continue someday.

Month 3:

Drank a lot of coffee, stayed up late, but didn’t get any code done, Maybe next month.

Month 4:

Wrote 3 more lines of code this month, I can’t remember what it was for.

Month 5:

Remembered what I wrote last month, decided to not finish it, wrote 5 lines of code for another useless feature.

Month 6:

Big day, shipping a release, Did 10 lines of code this month. Finished 2 unimportant features.
Celebrate!

0 Likes

WOW! You guys are brutal!

I can’t help but think that if you don’t like the product, don’t use it. But, geez, if all you can do is gripe instead of encourage, maybe you should just back away from your keyboard.

I’m just starting to get to know SublimeText. All I know thus far is that everyone universally loves it, except for the whiners complaining about the distance between updates and progress on a final release of v3.

Just take a deep breath, learn more about the tool, suggest improvements, and be patient. And REALLY hold you tongue if you haven’t even bothered to pay for it yet. I, for one, would find it extremely discouraging to put in any programming effort after reading some of these recent sarcastic, snide comments.

Dudes, grow up.

0 Likes

As a manager of mine once said as I moved into software management, “Remember, they’re children”.

0 Likes

Who are you accusing? People on this forum have written hundreds of packages for sublime text, and spent countless hours on it. The refusal of communication and fixing of the trivial bugs which hinder better packages being written, is the cause of the frustration.

0 Likes

[quote=“JHep”]WOW! You guys are brutal!

I can’t help but think that if you don’t like the product, don’t use it. But, geez, if all you can do is gripe instead of encourage, maybe you should just back away from your keyboard.

I’m just starting to get to know SublimeText. All I know thus far is that everyone universally loves it, except for the whiners complaining about the distance between updates and progress on a final release of v3.

Just take a deep breath, learn more about the tool, suggest improvements, and be patient. And REALLY hold you tongue if you haven’t even bothered to pay for it yet. I, for one, would find it extremely discouraging to put in any programming effort after reading some of these recent sarcastic, snide comments.

Dudes, grow up.[/quote]

The problem is I love the product and it is a disappointment it is going the way of Textmate.

0 Likes

And if you are “just starting to get to know SublimeText” you weren’t around during the ‘early days’ when there would be daily releases it seemed.

Ahh the good ole days :smile:

Jim

0 Likes

Well, now we know.

It went exactly as predicted. jps came in, was active for two days, and has not been seen since.

The promised august update, after the long hiatus, was about as exiting as watching transparent paint dry. None of the important bugs got fixed.

Given the amount of issues, I think new customers are free to feel swindled…

0 Likes

I for one welcome my yearly update.

0 Likes