Sublime Forum

Interest for a PHP IDE Plugin

Iā€™ve been using Sublime for PHP coding for a while now. I have the SublimeCodeIntel and CTags plugins running. And they do what they are supposed to.

But I would like better, more intelligent code completion in Sublime. Think static analysis and code completion a la PhpStorm.

What level of interest is there for a more full-blown PHP IDE plugin for Sublime Text? Is this something the community would help with? Is this something people would fund on Kickstarter?

Letā€™s discuss and perhaps we can make a great editor even better for PHP programming.

1 Like

+1

0 Likes

Would love to see that and would be interested in contributing too!

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

Cool. Anyone have any ideas for a name?

Let the brainstorming beginā€¦

Here are some bad ideas, anyone think of any that are better?

Sublimelight
SubPHP
PHP-Phil (like auto fillā€¦ Get it?)
PHP-You-Complete-Me
PHPIntel
SmartPHPCompletionator

Maybe these will spark some ideas.

0 Likes

I would like to suggest to keep it simple:

• PHP-IDE
  • PHP-ing ( taken from ā€œHappy PHP-ingā€ - my favourite :smile: )
  • PHP-Force ( may the Force be with you :wink: )
  • PHP-Sublimed
  • PHP-Sublimated

I like your suggestion PHP-Intel too. Maybe expanded to PHP-Intelli-sense?

Cheers

0 Likes

I agree. I think a variant on PHPIntel is probably the most straightforward name that explains what the plugin does.

A quick search turned up this and this.

Iā€™ll need to check these out and see how far along these projects are. Perhaps it will be better to just contribute to these projects.

I just want something that works well and saves me time. Iā€™m always opening class files and hunting for method signatures. I just want to save that time.

0 Likes

Good point!

I think SublimePHPIntel is in the good way, although it has nothing new for 5 months.

The other project only has the initial commit, a year ago.

0 Likes

I think SublimePHPIntel is a good reference for some of the Python code.

I couldnā€™t get the plugin to work (see the github issue) but in looking at the source code, it doesnā€™t appear to do much more than CTags for PHP would do. It doesnā€™t appear to have any intelligence about which class you are completing. And I donā€™t think it accounts for inheritance.

0 Likes

Iā€™m with you Devon.

0 Likes

I donā€™t think any of the existing plugins are going the direction I want to go. I want to write as much of this in PHP as possible to make it easier for myself and other PHP developers to contribute to.

Iā€™ve started a repo at github.com/deweller/PHPCodeIntel

Thereā€™s nothing there yet, but I hope to work up a proof of concept soon.

If you are interested in contributing, follow the repo or email me at dweller@devonweller.com and Iā€™ll send out some updates.

0 Likes

Good start Devon.

How do you want to organise the development / discussion? Everything should happen on Github now, right?

Count me in : I am ā€œwatching youā€ :wink:

0 Likes

Yeah, letā€™s move off of this forum and move to github or a mailing list based discussion.

Iā€™ve started a mailing list if we need it. Just send an email to phpcodeIntel@librelist.com to join.

Iā€™ve added a beginning road map on the GitHub project.

0 Likes

I am on board.

0 Likes

even if this would be a paid plugin Iā€™d definitly buy it if itā€™s good :smile:

0 Likes

Any progress or change? Best code intel plugin for ST what i discover is CodeIntel by M. Kreuz, but in comparison with code intel in PHP storm is very bad (Im using php framework NETTE with advanced OOP/MVC system , code intel in this case = 0 with ST) :frowning:

The blue of the sky for inteligent PHP code intel for Sublime text!

0 Likes

also better debug support with ui buttons

0 Likes