Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime Text X 20101208

Sublime Text X 20101208

Postby jps on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:10 am

20101208 is out now. It's mostly a collection of smaller changes that make using Sublime Text X a fair bit more pleasant: syntax, indentation, and line ending settings can now be set, amongst other things.

The file change detection (i.e., notification when a file you're editing has been changed on disk) works a bit differently to Sublime Text: if the changed file doesn't have any in memory changes, then it'll be automatically reloaded without prompting.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Sublime Text X 20101208

Postby Allen on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Previously I haven't been able to do much testing but the indentation and syntax additions make this nearly usable for me. Once STX has the keyboard-friendly multi-select abilities of Sublime 1.x it'll be golden.
Allen

Postby adzenith on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:07 pm

I encountered a strange bug that I'm not sure I can reproduce:
I got Sublime Text X into a state where typing characters produced no output until the delete key was pressed, at which point all the characters (except the last deleted one) suddenly appeared. The way I got it out of this state was by hitting undo, at which point something back in the undo stack (before I typed all these characters) was undone. It made me think that somehow the undo stack got in a strange state that prevented me from typing...?
I'll let you know if I encounter it again.

In OS X, I use option+backspace to delete the previous word. When I press this in Sublime Text X, the console says:
"no command for selector: deleteWordBackward:"
I edited the keymap file, but I had to restart the program for the changes to take effect.

Can indentSubsequentLines optionally indent the lines further than the parent line? (i.e., hanging indent)

Thanks! This is looking really great.
adzenith

Postby hnrch on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello there, i have an issue with this new version, it's while editing files i mean i set STX as the default editor on filezilla, i select Edit option in filezilla and STX opens the file, everything good, now when i go to another file and select Edit option, it opens the file in a new window instead of a buffer in the same window. Now while replicating i found another bug, when I have at least one file open and i press: ctrl+right shift+o (to select a buffer) the buffer window opens and if i press up arrow or down arrow to select a buffer STX closes completely, well sorry if my english is not good but i'm mexican and i'm still learning english... well, congratulations for this wonderful software and thanks for making a version to use under gnu/linux, this is just great! :)

...by the way, i'm using Ubuntu 10.10 32bit
hnrch

Postby noonat on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 pm

I'm running into a bug on OS X 10.6.5 with fullscreen and keyboard focus in this build. Whenever I go fullscreen and use cmd-p to open a file in project, I lose all keyboard focus in the app. I can't see the caret when this happens, and have to quit and restart the app for it to be usable again.

Might be worth noting that most of drop downs in the menubar seem to be unpopulated when the app is stuck in this state.

Also, really excited to see an OS X port of Sublime! I've been wishing for this for years, and it was the only reason I didn't purchase earlier. Kudos!
noonat

Postby jps on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 am

20101208 is out now, which should address the above issues.

Sublime Text X should now support all the multiple selection related key bindings that Sublime Text does, bookmarks excepted.

hnrch: On Linux, running the Sublime Text X binary multiple times will result in multiple processes, unlike Windows as OSX. I am planning to address this in the future.
jps
Site Admin

Postby noonat on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Yep, that fixed the fullscreen issue. Awesome.
noonat

Postby willi297 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Jon,

Are package menu's going to be supported soon? This is really all I really need to get my 1.x packages converted over to X, and would love to get rolling on that. Obviously, I could so most of what I want now, and just assign the keybindings, but the menus are a great way for documenting methods, as well as showing the associated key bindings.

On that note, is there gonna be something in X/2.0 that will allow keybindings and package menus to be specified in a single file? Really, just being able to specify a key binding in a menu item definition rather then in the keymap file is what I'm hoping for...

Thanks,
Greg
Greg Williams
Atomic Embedded, USA
http://atomicembedded.com
willi297

Postby adzenith on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Sublime Text X is getting better every day! It's exciting to see it coming along. :)

I think the handling of moveToEndOfParagraph: and moveToBeginningOfParagraph: might be wrong, because ctrl+e, ctrl+a, and option+up and +down don't work correctly (they move to the beginning and end of the file).

Also, I got the following errors while trying out system shortcuts:
no command for selector: noop:
no command for selector: moveParagraphForwardAndModifySelection:
no command for selector: moveParagraphBackwardAndModifySelection:
no command for selector: transpose:
no command for selector: insertTabIgnoringFieldEditor:

A couple requests:
Could the default keybinding of super+shift+up for switch_file be changed in OS X? This is mapped by default to moveToBeginningOfDocumentAndModifySelection: in the OS.

It'd be really sweet if we could use alt+left to move through words like normal, but also had another command to move through "sub-words", if you will. E.g., in the case of the word foo_bar, alt+left skips over the whole word, but if we could use ctrl+left, say, to do the following, it'd be awesome:
|foo_bar
ctrl+right:
foo|_bar
ctrl+right:
foo_bar|

And also this:
|fooBar
ctrl+right:
foo|Bar
ctrl+right:
fooBar|
adzenith

Postby hnrch on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks a lot Jon! buffer selector is fixed, but select_lines command not working on Ubuntu yet.
hnrch

Next

Return to General Discussion