Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 hangs on wake after sleep

My Sublime Text 3 hangs every time I lock my machine or it goes to sleep. Top level bar works, I can minimize etc but I can’t click in actual workspace and I have to close the window and open it again to start working.

0 Likes

Bump!

Same here, cannot find any other references to this problem …

0 Likes

Two dudes with the same issue doesn’t considered important to specify stuff like:

But it’s ok, bump it again next year!

0 Likes

@iamntz Yes, that’s the spirit! Just burn guys asking a question, offer no help or solution, but refer to reinstall procedure. You must be working on a Windows machine.

Anyhow, I work on a OSX 10.9.5 machine with ST3 build 3065. Aha, so now you know …

Anywho, in addition to the description given by varunksaini, strange thing is, anything done while frozen is actually done. So closing ST and restarting brings up all screens the way they were, including operations performed while seeming frozen.

0 Likes

Not really, but this way you can pinpoint somehow the problem: the editor itself, some crazy package, something wrong with your OS and so on.

Yeah, we know that YOU are on a mac, but how about varunksaini? He’s also on osx? If yes, what version? Does he have some common packages with you?

Not sure what you’d expect when you ask such a generic question…

0 Likes

Yeah, really? What if do a clean install, problems doesn’t occur anymore. How does that help finding the bug. Probably won’t even post it here.

0 Likes

If you do a clean install and things are ok, then clearly it’s a package issue.

You start adding packages one by one and see who’s the badass. Divide et impera 101.

When you do a revert you don’t need to remove the folder, but merely rename it or copy to another location.

0 Likes

If you’re on OSX, try playing with the “gpu_window_buffer” setting: first set it to false and see if it fixes it, if not, then set it to true to see if that helps (default value is “auto”). You have to restart after changing this setting. You can confirm if it’s enabled or not by the presence of “using gpu buffer for window” in the Console.

Let me know how you go.

0 Likes

Thank jps, will give it some tweaking … and wil let you know.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]If you’re on OSX, try playing with the “gpu_window_buffer” setting: first set it to false and see if it fixes it, if not, then set it to true to see if that helps (default value is “auto”). You have to restart after changing this setting. You can confirm if it’s enabled or not by the presence of “using gpu buffer for window” in the Console.

Let me know how you go.[/quote]

Until now, it looks like this solved it for me. Thank you very much!

0 Likes