Sublime Forum

Sublime Text X 20111106

The “Find All” button doesn’t seem to give focus to the buffer it’s just searched, and clicking on that buffer deselects all of the find results.
Incidentally, it’d be nice if you could click on a backgrounded buffer to bring it to the foreground without changing the selection (this is pretty standard in OS X but I think it’s pretty non-standard in Windows).

0 Likes

When I hit find_next, it makes all my little outlines around all the find results disappear. I can only bring them back by closing the find dialog and re-opening it.
There’s also some problem with switching buffers and using the find functionality, but I haven’t nailed down a solid repro yet. I’m seeing this behavior where I’ll switch files and then find will claim it can’t find anything. If I close the find dialog and re-open it then it suddenly realizes it can find stuff again.

0 Likes

Firstly, thanks for the bug reports! Some responses:

Will fix for the next version

Will also be fixed in the next version

This doesn’t happen for me. What distribution are you using?

I can’t get this to happen for me - Not sure what’s going on.

Will fix for the next version

Yep, currently Command+D only ever acts as Expand to Word on OSX. Will hopefully be fixed soon.

Do you mean pressing the ‘Find’ button in the Find panel, or something else? The Find button doesn’t cause the highlights to disappear for me.

And for the non-bug related queries:

It’s not, no. Most key bindings are only a single line though, so there’s not much to it - are you rebinding one of the complex ones?

Incremental find (Ctrl+I) has this behaviour: type, press enter, and the panel will be hidden. Find All will close the panel when pressed in the next version.

Yep, you can configure the exclude pattern via Preferences/Global Preferences.

Not yet, but I’m intending to add the ability to do this.

0 Likes

Ya, I’m remapping ctrl+d, which is not massive but it got me thinking that it is error prone to re-implement a key mapping rather than reassigning it. I got used to having ctrl+d delete a line in other editors, so I created a macro for ctrl+d and assigned incremental find to another shortcut.

0 Likes

This release is so great! Find in Files is what I’ve been waiting for. One typo I found in “Base File.sublime-settings” is

// window width "wrap_midth": 0,
I believe should be “wrap_width”

0 Likes

Good catch, will fix for the next version

0 Likes

Sorry that was unclear; I’m pressing command-g which I have mapped to “find_next”. If I press the Find button with my mouse the highlights don’t disappear.

0 Likes

When I have multiple groups, it’s not clear from the sidebar which file is open in the non-active groups. Could there be a “background highlight” or something? (e.g. a blue highlight for the front file in the current group; a grey highlight for the front file in other groups).

0 Likes

In Sublime Text, I used Consolas size 8, but in X if I use size 8 the letters look kinda funny (I can take a screenshot if you’d like).
Also, in OS X the font sizes seem to be quite different (I use size 10 and it’s at about the size I like). Is there a reason for that?

0 Likes

Font rendering works quite differently across platforms - on OSX I use Core Text, GDI on win32, and FreeType on Linux. It’s important to use the native font rendering on each platform, otherwise the text looks off compared to other applications.

re: Consolas size 8, is that on Windows? Font rendering should be a pixel for pixel match with Sublime Text 1.x there.

0 Likes

Go To Page seems to be broken, it doesn’t “Go”.

Is there a list or way to access the list of all functions available? Specifically, I’m looking for the function to go to an open buffer but there are a few other shortcuts I want to set up and would rather not have to clutter the forum with such requests…

And with no separation of Sublime and Sublime X in the forum, it’s hard to search/find relevant answers for one versus the other. Might you consider making a Serpate Sublime X section?

0 Likes

Makes sense that the different platforms would use different font handling. Thanks!

Yeah, that’s on Windows. Here’s a screenshot:

0 Likes

Will fix for the next version, thanks.

Do you mean the commands that you can bind to? There’s no list yet, apart from looking through Main.sublime-menu and Default.sublime-keymap.

It turns out that after accounting for DPI, Sublime Text 1.x does a round to nearest, while X was doing a floor, which resulted in a smaller pixel size for 8pt fonts. Will fix in the next version.

0 Likes

Consolas is installed by the Microsoft Office so it is on both Windows and OSX.

Joshua

0 Likes

sidebar still ugly

0 Likes

Jon,

Things are looking better and better. Kudos!! I am now fully using X on OSX now, and it works great! I noticed a lack of a few key bindings to legacy commands that already exist in the menu. Yeah, I know I can fill that in myself… :wink:

Any ETA’s on the following:

1. Build support / Output Panel - Looks like the Output Panel may fit in nicely with where the find-in-files is heading :wink:
  2. Showing full file path it title or status bar? Real pain when I have 2 files of the same name open.
  3. Refresh Project command - As I am building up a project while in Sublime, it’s annoying to have to switch to a different project and switch back just to refresh the tree and quick panel.
0 Likes

The ability to single-click (or maybe a double-click?) a folder name in the sidebar to expand/collapse its contents in addition to clicking the arrow next to the folder name could be helpful.

Also, when you click on a certain point in the minimap to advance the view, the resulting view overshoots your expected location.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Firstly, thanks for the bug reports! Some responses:

This doesn’t happen for me. What distribution are you using?
[/quote]

Company-modified Ubuntu 10.04. Running from a command line just gives ‘segmentation fault’ – is there a log I can include to help diagnose?

Great, thanks for the advice!

0 Likes

Word wrapping in multiple panes doesn’t work quite right. When two panes share window width, there are still scrollbars even if word wrapping is on. I guess it wraps with the whole window width and not the pane width.

0 Likes

Yesh, I’ve noticed this too. It looks like it’s going to the proportional position in the file rather than the bringing the precise block of text which you clicked into view. For instance, if I’m editing a long file full of many functions and I see the Foo() function definition a ways down in the minimap, if I click that precise area in the minimap, I’d expect the Foo() function to be brought into view in the main window. Instead the main view will scroll to a position in the file proportional to the vertical position of your click on the minimap.

Perhaps I’m overlooking an option to change this?

0 Likes