Sublime Forum

Sublime Text X 20110106 - Bugs

Hello,

Dunno if this is the right way to report bugs on the alpha releases of Sublime Text X, please bear with me and point me to the right place to report them.

The following are the main issues I’m seeing with latest version that are blocking me from moving from 1.x to X.

No shortcut key highlight

On Windows, 1.x, I can press “ALT+P” to gain access to the already expanded Projects menu, where I hit “C” to close the current project. But on X, Doing the key combo, it only highlights the menu, requiring me to hit Enter to expand the menu.

No Exit key

On 1.x, I can press ALT-F and then “X” to exit the application, this is no longer possible on X.

Lack of indication of Syntax and Line ending

On 1.x, at the status bar there is a clear indication of the syntax highlight being used and the line endings. Line endings is important for me while working across platform to avoid committing files with Windows ending code to a Unix ending project.

I know there is a User preference for that, but this is a per-project double check.

Select file doing expensive file preview

When using Select File (Ctrl-P) Is automatically previewing the selected file in the background. That is cool for small files, but dealing with files of 400 lines and such, that can be a bit expensive as syntax highlight is also applied, taking a hit on fast performance when looking for files quickly.

Also, this sometimes do not work (close the select file panel and opening it again it will not display the selected file in the list)

File paths are not displayed consistently

In Select files, paths on Windows are represented with /C/Path/To/File.ext, while on the window title, once opened, are displayed with C:\Path\To\File.ext

The console also displays the Unix-like type of paths. I understand the cross platform nature of the project, but consistency is something I learnt to appreciate :smile:

Noise of unwanted characters

Is quite common that I press certain keys during development, for example, to escape menus or even inside the file I’m working on. When I go to the console to verify something, I get a lot of noise like: got unwanted character:e (escape character)

Perhaps this is because is an alpha version, but is this really needed?

Lack of multiple instances

When working on OSX with TextMate I learn to love the possibility of take any directory as project and open multiple windows, one for each project. But with Sublime I miss that, as every new directory I open is contained in the same window.

Having a separate window (Ctrl+Shift+N) doesn’t help as the new window is not started from the command line.

I know, kind of special, but I’m a CLI junkie.

Ok, sorry to puke all this in one single message, but needed to get it out of my system :smile:

Hope it helps for something.

Last but not least, thank you for SublimeText, it made my life much more easy when creating projects on Windows.

Thank you.

0 Likes

One last point I forgot to include was that While now is possible to hide the minimap, the setting is not persisted once the application is closed (and there is no setting in Default file preference to look at for disabling into User)

Thank you.

0 Likes

Do you know Alt+F4 / Ctrtl+W? :X

0 Likes

Pretty aware, but this goes on the same line of my previous issue, no menu keyword is highlighted anymore, making the non-shortcut keys useless.

0 Likes