Sublime Forum

Sublime Text X 20110110

I have a question about folder exclude patterns. Is this possible to set them for every project separately? I’m working with large projects including thousand of files. Some directories consists lots of binary files (for example images). Loading these files into project is completely unnecessary but increases project loading time.

Regards
elmer

0 Likes

It’s not yet possible to set the folder exclude patterns individually for a project, but it will be in the future.

0 Likes

I usually use:
ant -f build.xml [target]
which searches for the build.xml in the directories above. Do I need to set the working directory in Sublime?

The examples below works and reports it can’t find build.xml which is the expected response.
btw, I’m using ubuntu linux and I put the build file in ~/.Sublime Text X/Packages/User
thanks

[quote=“jps”]You’ll need to make a new .sublime-build file, which specifies ant. I’d imagine it’d look something like:

{
"cmd": "ant"],
"file_regex": "^(...*?):([0-9]*):?([0-9]*)",
}

.[/quote]

0 Likes

You’ll want to pass those extra arguments to ant, and specify the working directory then. They can be done something like:

{
    "cmd": "ant", "-f", "build.xml", "all"],
    "file_regex": "^(...*?):([0-9]*):?([0-9]*)",
    "working_dir": "/home/foo/project"
}

For working_dir, you can also specify “$project_path” or “$file_path” to use the corresponding value.

0 Likes

BTW - I am very impressed with your progress on X, particularly for OS X. Love using it now! One minor thing I’ve been missing on the OS X version. On Windows, when you choose to open or save a file, the file browser dialog will automatically start in the folder of the file currently being edited. This is not true for OS X however. So thankful for your responsiveness to the users on the forum!

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]
I’m planning on adding some API support for notifying plugins when focus is lost, and I’ll add a save_on_focus_lost plugin at the same time. No ETA on this though.[/quote]

Perfect, thanks!

0 Likes

Nice update!

I don’t get the little boxes drawn around all matching Ctrl+F find results in buffer anymore; is there a setting to re-enable this? Ubuntu 10.04, 64-bit.

0 Likes

Just a quick question:
Is it possible to remove the empty checkbox from menu items that are not binary?

Regards,

Nick Tzanos

0 Likes

In OS X, the “enter” key (as opposed to the “return” key) puts a newline in the find, goto, etc. boxes. I would much rather it do the same thing as return, because I use my numpad to enter line numbers to go to, and it’s always a little bit confusing when hitting enter doesn’t send me there.
Thanks!

0 Likes

Jon,

Are there any plans for a ctag interface? Would it possible to display the tags in the project panel? Maybe you could select between the project/file or the tags view.
Also, can the project/file view panel be made resizable horizontally?

Thanks

0 Likes

Here are some thoughts after using “Sublime Text X 20110110” almost exclusively since the release (windows portable version):

Nice to have:

• Access to the clipboard from plugins (for me this is probably the only reason I’m still using the old Sublime Text)
  • Quickpanel access for the most recent projects
  • Quickpanel access for the most recent files
  • Shortcut to re-open the last closed file
    • This would be less important if we have quickpanel access to the most recent files
  • A command to clear the contents of the console

Slight annoyances:

• Option to use tabs for the open files in addition to the sidebar (or as a replacement)
  • Theming of the sidebar
  • Option to change which side of the screen the minimap is on (already suggested by others)
  • When using “Select file…(ctrl+p)”, a given file can show up multiple times in the results (sometimes with the full path, sometimes with a relative path and sometimes with a mix)
  • Re-compile user plugins without having to restart
  • Feedback in the title or status bar that shows what the active project is
  • As mentioned by others, I agree that the project specification and the project state should be stored separately (maybe sublime-project and sublime-workspace?). As it is now, it will be difficult to edit the project files (because there is so much state information stored there) and sharing projects doesn’t make much sense. The simplicity of the old project files was great but I really like the features of the new projects. Can’t we have the best of both worlds?
    • sublime-project: build_system, folders, save_all_on_build, plus any include/exclude instructions
    • sublime-workspace: buffers, file_history, find_in_files, find_state, groups, layout, select_file, show_minimap, side_bar_visible, side_bar_width, status_bar_visible
  • When word wrap is turned off, it is hard to tell if there is more text at the end of a line (because there is no visible separation between the view and the the minimap). This is especially prominent with a “short” file where the minimap next to a long line is blank.

Functionality that I miss (but is hopefully on the way):

• Sort
  • Unique Lines (permuteLines unique)
  • The “Change Case” functions from the “Edit” menu (upper_case, lower_case, title_case, swap_case)
  • Suggestions for mis-spelled words
  • Add word to custom dictionary (might be cool to have general as well as syntax-specific dictionaries)