Sublime Forum

Exclude Folders from Go To Anything

I found a few similar questions to this, but they’re either quite outdated or slightly different.

Basically, I have some folders in my projects which I want to be able to browse to and edit the contained files, but I don’t want them showing up in “Go To Anything”. Third-party libraries are a good example — I might want to look at the code, but only rarely.

As I understand it*, we have three mechanisms for exclusion: folder_exclude_patterns and file_exclude_patterns, which remove items from “Go To Anything” and the sidebar, and binary_file_patterns which removes items only from “Go To Anything”.

The trouble is, binary_file_patterns only works for files, not folders. So is there anything like binary_folder_patterns available?

*None of these options do the job. I think the OP was satisfied with hiding files.

0 Likes

I have the same issue. It’s really odd that folder_exclude_patterns and file_exclude_patterns exist but that there’s no equivalent to binary_file_patterns for folders.

It’s very common to want to ignore certain folders from search but still have visibility when you need to explore them.

0 Likes

You can use “folder_name/*” in binary_file_patterns setting.

0 Likes

Wildcard ignore in binary_file_patterns

thanks -T-, worked for me!

0 Likes