Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime Text X 20110123

Re: Sublime Text X 20110123

Postby jps on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 pm

sublimator wrote:QuickPanel doesn't seem to 'remember' your entries anymore.

Yeah, that was annoying me, as it made what was selected for a given input somewhat arbitrary. I'll likely put it back it, but wanted to see what it was like with it disabled first.

luislavena: Thanks for the bug report, will fix

trevorsg wrote:Would really like Ctrl+Backspace to have the same behavior in the project selector

The Ctrl+Backspace issue is part of a wider one of python TextCommands only operating on files, and not in widgets. It's something I'm planning to fix.

guillermooo wrote:How does search ranking work?

For the moment, spaces are matched as a literal space, rather than beginning a second filtering step as is done in 1.x. I liked that part of the 1.x quick panel too.

marksteve wrote:how do you even think about these?

Before Build Systems were implemented, I would look at build errors in a terminal, and then navigate to the corresponding file: I've been wanting Ctrl+P to accept line number suffixes for a while. The # searching came out of a desire for the incremental find panel to use fuzzy matching, and then it seemed to make sense to jam them both together with goto symbol :)
jps
Site Admin

Postby bizoo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:53 pm

For us, poor non english country citizens, some shortcuts available on US/UK keyboard are not possible.
This is the case for the new goto shortcuts on my Swiss keyboard:

{ "keys": ["ctrl+shift+semicolon"], "command": "show_overlay", "args": {"overlay": "goto", "text": ":"} },
{ "keys": ["ctrl+semicolon"], "command": "show_overlay", "args": {"overlay": "goto", "text": "#"} },

I have to press SHIFT to access semicolon, so these 2 shortcuts are impossible to trigger for me.
I know that I could customize them, but we really appreciate if you consider this issue when you defined new shortcuts. Now I don't know if there some "simple" shortcut left, the actual list is pretty long.

And by the way, great work with ST X, the new goto panel is terrific.
bizoo

Postby murat on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:36 pm

great work! ctrl + p is awesome. Thank you. What do you think about implementing code folding? It will be good for long files.
murat

Postby Allen on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:17 pm

ctrl+p is amazing! One quick issue, it seems to crash Sublime if there are no open buffers
Allen

Postby murat on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Also show/hide output panel menu item is missing.
murat

Postby Tanaric on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Oh man, I really, really like the new quick panel.

Open bugs that I'm still experiencing (Ubuntu 10.04, 64-bit):

* Pasting text into an empty buffer segfaults the editor.
* Closing a file, and then closing a second file while the tabs are still animating segfaults the editor.
Tanaric

Previous

Return to General Discussion