Sublime Forum

STX Hide Vertical Scroll Bar

Hi guys, it’s been a while and I’m just starting to mess around with X these days :smile:

How do you hide the vertical scroll bar in Sublime Text X? It doesn’t seem like this option was carried over. I use the minimap as my scrollbar substitute.

0 Likes

I think it was already suggested, so I haven’t done it again, but I’ll use this opportunity to state that this is my thought as well :slight_smile: And at least 1 pixel border between map and edit area. Or even better, 2 pixel wide semi-transparent texture with a dark pixel on the left, and a light pixel on the right, so it will be visible in both light, and dark color schemes.

0 Likes

+1 on this from me as well. I never touch the scrollbar.

0 Likes

+1 from me, too - Minimap > scrollbar.

1 Like

Another +1. Since the minimap performs the same function and more, the vertical scrollbars are useless visual clutter. An option to turn them off would be very nice.

0 Likes

+1 here as well.

As for it being a total replacement for the scrollbar/scrollwheel one more tweak is needed :smile:
Can you please let the minimap scroll past the end like it did in ST1? The scroll_past_end setting isn’t honored for the minimap, only for the scrollwheel and scrollbar, and if you do click on the minimap while you’re scrolled past the end, it bumps the view back up

Thanks!
toothrot

0 Likes

Hi as there already is a similar thread, I’d like to bump it.

After using sublime for a long time I got rid of the scrollbars using overlay_scroll_bars: enabled as I never use them except the horizontal one when lines aren’t wrapped. But this is no drawback either. I love to use the mini map and that’s all I need most of the time.

I would like to have them hidden completely. No scrollbar, no overlay scrollbar.

Fancy would be having only the horizontal one but only when lines exceed the screen space when hovering over the bottom border. When working on my laptop, shift + touch pad works fine but sometimes the horizontal one would be nice to have.

Just IMHO :wink:

0 Likes