Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 Public Alpha

AWESOME!

I love this editor! It feels and works so nice. I like the animations, its not too much, just the right amount. I really like the interface as well.

Here are my requests :

• in the project panel, I would like to use my arrow keys when moving around the tree structure of my files/folders. For me, as a programmer (as all of us on this Forum I assume), I use the keyboard more than my mouse. Maybe a quick shortcut key to swap between the editor and project panel as well?
  • at the bottom of the project panel, I want to see several icons that represent these actions : add, rename, and delete file/folder. When I dragged and dropped the folder I wanted to use into Sublime, it opened the folder and its contents. When I wanted to create a file/folder, I have to create a ‘untitled’ file, prompt to save it… then the prompt window shows me a directory which is far off from where I want to save it. It would be nice for these icons to be here so when I create a new folder, it creates it within the same scope of my project. Or file.

I like the minimap’s new location… but I can’t seem to turn it off from the Default Global Preferences when I set the “show_minimap” to false

I love this editor!

0 Likes

Has there been a change in the way language definitions are loaded? Previously, I had a folder called Haskell2 with a modified language definition for .hs files that used to override the default one. In Sublime Text 2, however, this no longer seems to work, as the default one gets precedence. If this simply not implemented yet or is there a new way of overriding language definitions?

EDIT: A few more questions:

• Is there any chance of making settings like match_brackets_angle file-type dependent? Because I would like to match angle brackets in html files, but enabling it breaks matching of lambda expressions like (\x -> x + 2) in Haskell.

• Any chance of making an option to hide the menu bar until you press the Alt key?

• The file type indicator in the lower right corner has disappeared. Is this not implemented yet or did you decide to get rid of it? If so, is there a new way of choosing the language definition for unsaved files?

0 Likes

charset issue not fixed? :frowning:

0 Likes

Congrats Jon. I know there’s a lot of hype for this on Twitter. Loving it.

0 Likes

Congrats on the release, Jon! Great work!

0 Likes

For those of you not on twitter, check out the buzz:
twitter.com/#!/search/sublimetext

0 Likes

Loving it so far! Saw it mentioned on reddit (reddit.com/r/programming/com … ditor_for/), and decided to give it a whirl.

However, I can’t really start using it as my go-to editor unless it gets the same fuzzy filename matching that TextMate has - for example, if I have a file named foo_bar.css, I can just type foobcss and it will match, but Sublime seems way more strict about it (requiring me to enter foo_bar, etc.)

Is there any way to config the matching via the API?

EDIT: actually, on trying it a bit more, I rescind that - you can totally type foobarrc and it will match. What it won’t do (and what I’m used to doing) is foo bar (with a space in the middle taking the place of the underscore), which causes the match to fail. Perhaps the matcher can map spaces to common word delimiters (_,/,-,&, etc); even cooler would be breaking on CamelCase words but that’s probably a lot to ask :smile:

0 Likes

you can enter just “fb” and it will select foo_bar.css :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Yar. I just need to change my habits, I suppose :smile:

0 Likes

Only just got it down and open, but its pretty slick. I’m sure I’m going to be asking for more customizability and maybe a few other little things that will get put way down on the priority list because I’m a novelist and not a coder, but seriously, this is some slick stuff. I’m loving the sidebar + tabs. The project management thing I’ll have to get the hang of, but already looks like it might help me keep from working with the “evil empire” for brainstorming and organizing my work (have to admit that their heading/outlining/navigation panel work for Word 2010 has brought that app back from being an utter piece of crap for getting real work done, but its still kinda ugly and distracting, not to mention kinda slow on my laptop in some circumstances).

Thanks for getting this public so quickly. I’ll be putting it through its paces.

0 Likes

Awesome release Jon!

Started to use new projects and love the context switching. It will take some time to change my command line habits to start the editor, but I can do it :sunglasses:

I love the GoTo symbol, but I noticed it doesn’t work for C files with K&R coding style (Ruby source code for example). Perhaps ctags parsing can be added?

The second thing I noticed is that sometimes, with no file buffer open, Ctrl+P sometimes work and sometimes doesn’t, I need to click on one of the open folders (highlight it firs) for Ctrl+P to work.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Nice job! Even got to Mashable :smile:

0 Likes

Wow. I go off to Mac land and you now put out an ST release that I can use? Thank you! :smiley: Gonna give it a spin. Cheers mate!

0 Likes

Yup, setting show_minimap to false seems to have no effect. Also, setting word_wrap to true seems to have no effect on javascript files, is that being overwritten somewhere?

0 Likes

show_minimap, and the other related settings, only take effect for new windows - they’re just defaults. To toggle the minimap in the current window, use the View/Hide Minimap menu item.

Yep: you’ll want to edit Packages/JavaScript/JavaScript.sublime-settings, and set it there (or create a file User/JavaScript.sublime-settings, and add the settings there)

0 Likes

ey, SublimeText 2 is hot here: forrst.com/posts/SublimeText_2_A … leased-Rxu

and include this theme: dl.dropbox.com/u/13224004/Clouds … rs.tmTheme

0 Likes

I have a “critical” bug on Sublime Text 2.
When I opening a file encoded in ISO-8859-1 the file stopped to be rendered at the character “à”.

0 Likes

Perhaps this shouldn’t be the behaviour?

If the user explicitly states they want word wrap, then that should be how it works?

0 Likes

[quote=“khebs”]ey, SublimeText 2 is hot here: forrst.com/posts/SublimeText_2_A … leased-Rxu

and include this theme: dl.dropbox.com/u/13224004/Clouds … rs.tmTheme[/quote]

Nice theme, here’s mine http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18592443/Sublime%20Text%202/Oblivion.tmTheme, it’s kind a mix of Monokai and Oblivion (gedit color scheme), I like it because i feel it looks nice with elementary ubuntu theme.

0 Likes

Sweet theme!

0 Likes