Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 20110130

A new version of Sublime Text 2 is out now, fixing some crash bugs. Apologies in advance for the version spam, I’ll stop the daily updates when the critical issues are sorted.

There is also a collection of other minor fixes, including an easy way to change the font size, more complete handling of key bindings on OS X, and Ctrl+Backspace (Alt+Backspace on OS X) and friends now work in the panels.

0 Likes

Great! Dont be shy, keep publishing a new alphas and betas. It isn’t necessary to make a post on blog for each beta, you can just publish new urls into twitter(yeah, we’re follow you!) and keep one url at the site for “latest minefield-version”.
Much better to update each day, rather than waiting for something unknown or new big release.

0 Likes

Amen to that!

Missing feature which I really really miss at the moment. Bookmarks!

Can we get them soon please Jon?

0 Likes

Sublime Text X was having weekly releases, and I got the impression that was a bit too frequent if anything. I’m tentatively aiming for a two week release cycle for the Sublime Text 2 Alpha, but I’ll see how it goes.

Bookmarks are high on the priority list, it shouldn’t be too long until they make an appearance.

0 Likes

What about having automatic updates? A bit like Chrome does, if you can do that?

Sweet :smiley: Big missing feature for me.

0 Likes

hi,

first: congratulations for sublime 2, it is a great editor, even in the current alpha state!

one small request: could you re-add “close all other” and “close all” to the tabs/menu?

0 Likes

Keep 'em coming. No problems with daily builds :smile:

0 Likes

Also, is code folding going to be an option on 2?

A really neat feature that makes life so much nicer at times :smile:

0 Likes

if there will be code folding, please, have an option to turn it off :slight_smile:

0 Likes

is keyboard navigation possible in the sidebar/projectbar?

0 Likes

The new version hangs on startup if I have my personal plugins file in the packages directory. If I move the file out of the packages directory and start Sublime Text, I can drag it back in and then open it and save it and the plugins work fine—the file just can’t be there while Sublime Text is starting up for some reason.
I can send you this file if you like, or other info.

0 Likes

Why? Every code folding capable editor I’ve come across doesn’t automatically fold code unless you click the line that should fold.

It’s unnoticeable if done properly and shouldn’t need an option to turn it off.

0 Likes

They will be coming ASAP.

Sidebar keyboard navigation will be coming at some point too, it’s been frequently requested.

I’m not planning to implement code folding until version 3.

If you could email me this file, it’d be great - thanks.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]
Why? Every code folding capable editor I’ve come across doesn’t automatically fold code unless you click the line that should fold.

It’s unnoticeable if done properly and shouldn’t need an option to turn it off.[/quote]

There’ll still be a few horizontal pixels showing an option I don’t want to use, polluting the optical cleanliness between a code, and a line numbers :slight_smile:
I’m not against implementation. I’m sure for some people it is really helpful, but I’m personally not using it, and find it distracting. I’ll just like the option to turn it off (if it’ll get implementet).

0 Likes

Thanks for all the great work, I’ve switched to Sublime2 even though its still in Alpha!

One feature request: in the project pane, if you could make folders name when clicked to expand/collapse that would be great, instead of having to click on the little arrows.

Mubs

0 Likes

[quote=“Darsain”]There’ll still be a few horizontal pixels showing an option I don’t want to use, polluting the optical cleanliness between a code, and a line numbers :smile:
I’m not against implementation. I’m sure for some people it is really helpful, but I’m personally not using it, and find it distracting. I’ll just like the option to turn it off (if it’ll get implementet).[/quote]

Not if you put them next to the bookmarks, that’s how SciTE works anyway :smile:

0 Likes

Amazing! I’m sure I speak for many Mac users when I say, “Thanks for saving us from a bunch of horribly average editors”

So one feature request - file compare? You do such a great job with the double/triple vertical window layouts, seems like a logical next step.

0 Likes

+1 to folding, easy sidebar navigation and INTERNAL file compare. it can save time for plugin developers(i mean developers of plugins for git/hg/bzr/svn).

0 Likes

Is everything ok with “Add Folder To Project” option? I tried to add different folders to my project - but even simplest example with two files in it failed to add. “Adding folder …” message is displayed in status bar and when it is disappears new folder is not added to Folders section in side bar. Files from this folder are not accessible with “Goto Anything” dialog either.
I checked it in sublime x (last alpha I installed is 20110123) - it looks ok - same folders I tried in Sublime 2 were sucessfully loaded into project. Is something changed in this feature from 20110123 alpha or is this a bug?

Regards
elmer

0 Likes

The only change should be the disallowing of duplicate folders, but if you’re getting the “Adding folder…” message then you’re making it past that check. Could you let me know which platform you’re running on?

0 Likes