Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 20110130

Sublime Text X was having weekly releases, and I got the impression that was a bit too frequent if anything. Iā€™m tentatively aiming for a two week release cycle for the Sublime Text 2 Alpha, but Iā€™ll see how it goes.

Bookmarks are high on the priority list, it shouldnā€™t be too long until they make an appearance.

0 Likes

What about having automatic updates? A bit like Chrome does, if you can do that?

Sweet :smiley: Big missing feature for me.

0 Likes

hi,

first: congratulations for sublime 2, it is a great editor, even in the current alpha state!

one small request: could you re-add ā€œclose all otherā€ and ā€œclose allā€ to the tabs/menu?

0 Likes

Keep 'em coming. No problems with daily builds :smile:

0 Likes

Also, is code folding going to be an option on 2?

A really neat feature that makes life so much nicer at times :smile:

0 Likes

if there will be code folding, please, have an option to turn it off :slight_smile:

0 Likes

is keyboard navigation possible in the sidebar/projectbar?

0 Likes

The new version hangs on startup if I have my personal plugins file in the packages directory. If I move the file out of the packages directory and start Sublime Text, I can drag it back in and then open it and save it and the plugins work fineā€”the file just canā€™t be there while Sublime Text is starting up for some reason.
I can send you this file if you like, or other info.

0 Likes

Why? Every code folding capable editor Iā€™ve come across doesnā€™t automatically fold code unless you click the line that should fold.

Itā€™s unnoticeable if done properly and shouldnā€™t need an option to turn it off.

0 Likes

They will be coming ASAP.

Sidebar keyboard navigation will be coming at some point too, itā€™s been frequently requested.

Iā€™m not planning to implement code folding until version 3.

If you could email me this file, itā€™d be great - thanks.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œjbrooksukā€]
Why? Every code folding capable editor Iā€™ve come across doesnā€™t automatically fold code unless you click the line that should fold.

Itā€™s unnoticeable if done properly and shouldnā€™t need an option to turn it off.[/quote]

Thereā€™ll still be a few horizontal pixels showing an option I donā€™t want to use, polluting the optical cleanliness between a code, and a line numbers :slight_smile:
Iā€™m not against implementation. Iā€™m sure for some people it is really helpful, but Iā€™m personally not using it, and find it distracting. Iā€™ll just like the option to turn it off (if itā€™ll get implementet).

0 Likes

Thanks for all the great work, Iā€™ve switched to Sublime2 even though its still in Alpha!

One feature request: in the project pane, if you could make folders name when clicked to expand/collapse that would be great, instead of having to click on the little arrows.

Mubs

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œDarsainā€]Thereā€™ll still be a few horizontal pixels showing an option I donā€™t want to use, polluting the optical cleanliness between a code, and a line numbers :smile:
Iā€™m not against implementation. Iā€™m sure for some people it is really helpful, but Iā€™m personally not using it, and find it distracting. Iā€™ll just like the option to turn it off (if itā€™ll get implementet).[/quote]

Not if you put them next to the bookmarks, thatā€™s how SciTE works anyway :smile:

0 Likes

Amazing! Iā€™m sure I speak for many Mac users when I say, ā€œThanks for saving us from a bunch of horribly average editorsā€

So one feature request - file compare? You do such a great job with the double/triple vertical window layouts, seems like a logical next step.

0 Likes

+1 to folding, easy sidebar navigation and INTERNAL file compare. it can save time for plugin developers(i mean developers of plugins for git/hg/bzr/svn).

0 Likes

Is everything ok with ā€œAdd Folder To Projectā€ option? I tried to add different folders to my project - but even simplest example with two files in it failed to add. ā€œAdding folder ā€¦ā€ message is displayed in status bar and when it is disappears new folder is not added to Folders section in side bar. Files from this folder are not accessible with ā€œGoto Anythingā€ dialog either.
I checked it in sublime x (last alpha I installed is 20110123) - it looks ok - same folders I tried in Sublime 2 were sucessfully loaded into project. Is something changed in this feature from 20110123 alpha or is this a bug?

ā€“
Regards
elmer

0 Likes

The only change should be the disallowing of duplicate folders, but if youā€™re getting the ā€œAdding folderā€¦ā€ message then youā€™re making it past that check. Could you let me know which platform youā€™re running on?

0 Likes

Hi,

My sublime 2 is running on Windows XP SP3.

Regards
elmer

0 Likes

Hi,

First of all, congrats on creating the BEST text editor Iā€™ve used ('n ive used a few)

Just a quick bug that may have already been documented. When I search for a character such as Ā£, or $ I get a return saying ā€˜unable to find \b$\bā€™

Cheers,

Dave P

p.s. also, a very small point, which in fact is of no consequence ā€¦ I think when you minimize the files on the left-hand-side, the animation direction should be ā€˜upā€™ not to the ā€˜rightā€™

0 Likes

Did you turn off the ā€˜whole wordā€™ option? I think itā€™s on by default.

0 Likes