Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Submitting Feature Requests

Submitting Feature Requests

Postby jps on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 am

To help manage the recent volume of feature requests and bug reports, I'm trialing using UserEcho to organize them. Please submit your ideas and feature requests to http://sublimetext.userecho.com/.

Hopefully this will help me sort out which requests are the most popular, and have less of them drop through the cracks.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Submitting Feature Requests

Postby jbrooksuk on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 am

Wow this has become a quick success!
jbrooksuk

Postby jbrooksuk on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Just thought I'd all let you know that it's possible to reply to a comment already. This makes it easier to read what's going on. Currently I'm seeing a lot of backward comments.
You'll know if you're replying to a comment because the textarea displays below it and not above.
jbrooksuk

Postby firefusion on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 am

I think you need to make this topic sticky and close this forum.
firefusion

Postby firefusion on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 am

Bump for this topic.
firefusion

Postby Anomareh on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:16 am

I think that'd be a pretty silly idea. The thing UserEcho does best is just giving a rough idea of the most wanted features. Other than that it has VERY bad visibility for any suggestions or requests not on the first few pages, especially with completed requests not being removed. Getting that rough idea seems to be about the only thing UserEcho does well.

Aside from that it seems quite a few poor design decisions were made and it's not all that useful as a full time replacement for this forum. They could learn quite a few things from the StackExchange platform. Seems quite odd as it appears they were trying to directly rip it off in the first place. Perhaps they decide to make some dumb design decisions so it didn't seem like a 100% copy.
Anomareh

Postby qqq on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:16 am

Anomareh wrote:especially with completed requests not being removed.
You can select "Opened" from feedback menu. Yes, visibilty of ideas that have less than 5 votes is poor but this works like a queue. They will get better visibility with time, when ideas that are before them are marked as completed/declined. So when an idea is good it may be slow to move up but it will eventually get to the top.

The thing that could improve this page is Jon making use of "Active: Under review", "Active: Planned" and "Active: Started" marks.

BTW. No need to close the forum in my opinion but making this topic sticky is not a bad idea.
ST2 Win7 64-bit
qqq

Postby Anomareh on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Oh, I know with a lot of work and struggling you can make it useful. I just doubt your average end-user ever bothers to do so. It's defaults are utterly useless unless you have a very low traffic project. Then all the terrible design decisions don't really come into play. It'd be like if on SO it defaulted to sorting questions by most answers and views. The site might as well not exist. It honestly baffles me how they made half the decisions they did. My best guess is they were necessary because of legal issues or something as it seems they charge for some services.
Anomareh

Postby aristidesfl on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:54 pm

The only downside of user echo is the topics are sorted by number of up votes by default.
That causes new threads to get lost, take a while to get seen and loose input.

Fortunately that is a setting which can be set by the forum admins: http://feedback.userecho.com/topic/5427 ... for-forum/

If user echo sorts topics by Last Updated by default the it would work exactly like the forum, but with notifications, votes and better design.

Then just prevent new topics on the Technical Support, Features and Ideas in the forum and leave it for reference.

It is very chaotic like it is right now.
aristidesfl

Postby heaphy on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:30 am

Hope support encoding GB2312 and GBK

Hope we can change the edcoding of a text

Hope sublime can open a file faster. Like notepad++
heaphy

Next

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests