Sublime Forum

Snippet error: Empty key

I downloaded some jQuery snippets and upon starting Sublime I get the following errors:

[code]Error parsing content for snippet Packages/Javascript/$_get.sublime-snippet: Empty key

Error parsing content for snippet Packages/Javascript/$_getIfModifed.sublime-snippet: Empty key[/code]

Here is the code for those snippets

<snippet> <content><![CDATA[\$.get('${1:/test/ajax-test.xml}'${2/(.+)/(?1:, function\(xml\){ :)/}${2:alert( $("title",xml).text() )//optional stuff to do after get}${2/(.+)/(?1:; }:)/}); $0]]></content> <tabTrigger>$.get</tabTrigger> <scope>source.js.jquery</scope> <description>$.get</description> </snippet>

<snippet> <content><![CDATA[\$.getIfModified('${1:/test/test.cgi}'${3/(.+)/(?1:, function\(data\){ :)/}${3:alert( $"Data loaded: " + data )//optional stuff to do after get}${3/(.+)/(?1:; }:)/}); $0]]></content> <tabTrigger>$.getIfModified</tabTrigger> <scope>source.js.jquery</scope> <description>$.getIfModified</description> </snippet>

Iā€™ve never made changes to snippet files before, so Iā€™m not exactly sure what is wrong with the syntax. Can anyone tell me what the ā€œkeyā€ is that its referring to that is empty or missing?

0 Likes

Looks like a \ was missing before $:

<snippet> <content><![CDATA[\$.get('${1:/test/ajax-test.xml}'${2/(.+)/(?1:, function\(xml\){ :)/}${2:alert( \$("title",xml).text() )//optional stuff to do after get}${2/(.+)/(?1:; }:)/}); $0]]></content> <tabTrigger>$.get</tabTrigger> <scope>source.js.jquery</scope> <description>$.get</description> </snippet>

<snippet> <content><![CDATA[\$.getIfModified('${1:/test/test.cgi}'${3/(.+)/(?1:, function\(data\){ :)/}${3:alert( \$"Data loaded: " + data )//optional stuff to do after get}${3/(.+)/(?1:; }:)/}); $0]]></content> <tabTrigger>$.getIfModified</tabTrigger> <scope>source.js.jquery</scope> <description>$.getIfModified</description> </snippet>

2 Likes

Thanks, Shoozza - 5 years after your post, people are still benefitting from it :smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

correctionā€¦ 10 years laterā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like