Sublime Forum

Deciding on Sublime Text, couple issues i can't figure out

Okay, I’m looking to transition to Sublime Text 2 from Textmate. A couple issues that I need to work through:

1. When i open ST2 there are still the previously opened files in the side bar. How do i prevent it from remembering previous files?

2. I’d like to move the minimap to the left side of the window, i don’t like how it just hangs out there in the upper right corner and expands.

3. Snippets seem to be ignoring default text:
    {engine name=“function” function=“linkPhone” phone="${1:${TM_SELECTED_TEXT:Phone Number}}" display="${2:${TM_SELECTED_TEXT:Phone Number}}"}

If i have text selected it seems to work fine, but otherwise it doesn’t print “Phone Number” in the spaces.

I’m guessing this is just a syntax difference between the editors. Is there a good page with all the syntax listed somewhere?

1. Not being able to run shell scripts is a huge drawback … i know it supports python, but … Any hope of shell script support in the future? :wink:

2. I’m confused on the insert_snippet syntax in the keybindings. How do you define which files the snippets come from? I tried this, modeling it after the macro insert:
    { “keys”: “alt+shift+p”], “command”: “insert_snippet”, “args”: {“file”: “Packages/User/ptag.sublime-snippet”}}

But that doesn’t seem to work.

1. Does scoping the snippets work the same was as in textmate? that is can i do “source.php, text.html” to have the snippet be valid in both?
0 Likes

Regarding (4) - what sort of features do you want? Do you mean psuhing text files through shell scripts, or writing scripts in sublime and hitting a button to run them? Or something else?

0 Likes

I current, in text mate, have it set to grab whats in my copy/paste buffer. So, if i hit my shotcut for creating an anchor tag, what ever is in my copy/paste buffer gets put into the href="" attribute iff it is a valid URL. what ever is highlighted in my text editor gets out in between

0 Likes

no comments on my other questions?

0 Likes

I take it, you’d like to be able to do that?

0 Likes

I second the moving the minimap to the left.
I know a lot of people wanted it on the right, but an option to have it on the left would be nice

0 Likes

This has been requested a few times…maybe add a new suggestion on http://sublimetext.userecho.com and hope that it gets voted up.

Vote for it here:
http://sublimetext.userecho.com/feedback/19277-option-to-change-which-side-of-the-screen-the-minimap-is-on/

Here are some links to the available documentation:

Some of it is for Sublime Text 1, but it is being updated and is still very helpful.

Have you tried creating your own build system? I use this on windows for batch files and imagine that it should also work perfectly well for shell scripts.

0 Likes