Sublime Forum

Color Schemes in OS X

Hey there,

This might not be possible yet, but is there a way to import or modify color schemes in the OS X version of Sublime Text 2? I’ve been hunting around and can’t seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hey,

You can access the packages, in which themes and plugins are stored, via Project -> Browse Packages. Themes are stored under “Theme - Default”.

James

0 Likes

I’m not sure that’s what I’m looking for. In OS X clicking on ‘Project’ doesn’t reveal a ‘Browse Packages’ submenu. That said, that’s not really where that would be located anyway. For those of you who might be hunting for the default theme folder on OS X you can find it by going to /Users/{yourusername}/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Theme - Default.

I’m just looking for the color schemes for syntax coloring (i.e. the TextMate themes).

0 Likes

Oh, sorry! Yes it’s possible.

So long as it’s *.tmtheme (which it should be), they should be pretty solid and compatible with Sublime. Just place them in the Themes - Default folder :smile:

0 Likes

Boom! That did it.

Thanks!

0 Likes

While you can place .tmTheme files in any folder, the usual locations would be “Color Schemes - Default” or User. What Sublime Text calls a Color Scheme, TextMate calls a Theme: Themes in Sublime Text parlance define how the application itself looks (buttons, scrollbars, etc).

0 Likes