Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime Text 2 20110203

Re: Sublime Text 2 20110203

Postby jps on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:48 pm

thedz wrote:The changelog says "OSX: Implemented scrollToBeginningOfDocument: and scrollToEndOfDocument" -- does anyone have any tips on how to actually bind these?

These are the default Cocoa messages sent to an application when you press the home or end keys on OS X. Sublime Text 2 translates these messages into the scroll_to_bof and scroll_to_eof commands (defined in Packages/Default/scroll.py), which you can bind keys to explicitly if you wish.
jps
Site Admin

Postby hnrch on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:30 am

jbjornson wrote:The new "draw_minimap_border" isn't exactly what I was expecting / hoping. Maybe I'm alone here, bit I had hoped that there would be a border around the whole minimap, not just the box highlighting the visible area...

Your comment makes me thing in a new settings option like "minimap_border_target" with the values "visible" (as currently works) "whole" (as you expected), "both" and "none".
hnrch

Postby elmer on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:41 am

In earlier thread I mentioned my problem with "Add Folder to Project" option in Windows XP. In new alpha problem still exists but during my tests I got some more information. I think this option in Sublime 2 is much slower it was in Sublime 1. My project is quite large - but I tried to load only one directory into Sublime. This directory has about 500k of files inside (yes!) - php files are mixed with images, javascripts, .svn directories etc. To decrease number of files to load into sublime I added some exclude patterns - number of files to load decreased to 20k. There is a huge difference in such directory loading times into sublime - in Sublime 1 it takes about 1 minute (this is acceptable time for me) and in Sublime 2 I have to wait about 1 hour to complete this operation. And the worst is that during load operation you can't load another folder into Sublime (message about import starting is displayed but nothing happens - it looks like Sublime is waiting for first operation to finish). It would be nice if sublime displayed some error message if previous folder load operation is still in progress.

What about this option performance? Can you confirm Sublime 2 is so much slower than Sublime 1?

--
Regards
elmer
elmer

Postby GreyWyvern on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 pm

jbjornson wrote:The new "draw_minimap_border" isn't exactly what I was expecting / hoping. Maybe I'm alone here, bit I had hoped that there would be a border around the whole minimap, not just the box highlighting the visible area...

I think a visible dividing line between the buffer are and the minimap is more what you were thinking? That's what I was hoping for as well. If you are editing a short file, and one of the lines is long, it looks truncated at a point after the minimap ends. Because the minimap background colour is the same as the buffer background colour (at least in the scheme I'm using) it makes the truncated lines look kind of disconcerting.

Even the ability to specify a different background colour for the minimap would sort things here. Anything to keep them visually distinct.
GreyWyvern

Postby jps on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 pm

GreyWyvern wrote:Anything to keep them visually distinct.

There's a surprise coming in the next version :)
jps
Site Admin

Postby GreyWyvern on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 pm

jps wrote:There's a surprise coming in the next version :)

You da man!
GreyWyvern

Postby jbrooksuk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm

jps wrote:
GreyWyvern wrote:Anything to keep them visually distinct.

There's a surprise coming in the next version :)

Themeing of the mini-map?

Man that would be awesome :P
jbrooksuk

Postby jps on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:39 am

elmer wrote:What about this option performance? Can you confirm Sublime 2 is so much slower than Sublime 1?

Directory scanning in Sublime Text 2 is generally more efficient that in Sublime Text 1, however in this case, not so much: the current behaviour is to first scan the directory tree, and then filter out the unwanted directories. The next version will filter out unwanted directories during the scan (as Sublime Text 1 does), which will fix the issues you're seeing.
jps
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion