Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 on OS X mounted drives

First, ST2 looks pretty awesome so far and I’m looking forward to digging in further and possibly using it as my main editor.

In my current main project, I do all local development from a drive mounted via ExpanDrive to a CentOS instance running on Parallels. ExpanDrive uses MacFUSE internally. I’m using the ssh connection option in ExpanDrive.

With this setup, I’m unable to add a mounted folder to a project. The folder never shows up in the sidebar and eventually the app just crashes. Is there planned support in ST2 for mounted drives? Is there another means of connecting to a local VM that I should be trying?

So, consider this a bug report, a feature request, and a thank you for a great editor!

0 Likes

FWIW, an ExpanDrive-mounted drive borks Textmate too. So, this may be a more general OS X API thing.

0 Likes

If you’re adding the entire file system of another computer onto the sidebar, then I wouldn’t think that’d end well. When adding folders to the side bar, their entire contents are recursively scanned and brought into memory: they aren’t just loaded as you expand them in the side bar. This is done so that Goto Anything can search through all available files.

0 Likes

Hi, just downloaded the alpha version and WOW. Great editor. Many little details (features & ‘taste’) make it stand out. And starts up so fast.

Anyway, two things are stopping me from switching from E-text editor:

1. File operations in folder pane. Move, raname, delete.
  2. Scanning folder directories on project opening. This one is more important for me - similarly to tjstankus, all projects I work on are remote file systems mounted through WebDrive (pings as high as 100ms). When I’m working on Magento, which has around 10K files, it’s practically impossible to work on such folder.

Just wanted to know if these issues will be addressed in final release.

Cheers

0 Likes

For what it’s worth, the current dev build is smarter when scanning folders, and may be better for you.

File operations in the side bar will be coming, it’s one of the most requested features at sublimetext.userecho.com

0 Likes