Sublime Forum

Dev Builds

:mrgreen:

Iā€™m looking forward to a Windows version of Sparkle!

0 Likes

WinSparkle is unlikely to make an appearance:

• No 64 bit version, at least not that I could find.

• Doesnā€™t actually update, just downloads and runs the installer. This appears to make it unsuitable for updating the portable version.

• Large (~1mb), due to embedding a statically linked version of wxWidgets.

At this stage, itā€™s looking like auto update on windows will have to be rolled by hand. I donā€™t know when this would happen, but itā€™s unlikely to be soon.

0 Likes

Iā€™ll happily test the OSX build, need to force myself to switch full time first though :smiley:

0 Likes

Iā€™m using the Blackboard theme and the shadows are barely visible. Actually they arenā€™t even shadows, as they seem to lighten the background rather than darkening it. Any chance the feature could be customized to make it a little more obvious? A wider and deeper gradient would really help :smile:

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

A customisable gradient would be ideal.

0 Likes

My beloved ST2 tell me that a new version is available this morning and when I clicked Yes it opened my browser on the Dev Builds page.
So on Windows 7 64, the notification was OK.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œbizooā€]

page and grab the current version.
My beloved ST2 tell me that a new version is available this morning and when I clicked Yes it opened my browser on the Dev Builds page.
So on Windows 7 64, the notification was OK.[/quote]

I got it too!

0 Likes

Cool, thanks for the updates

0 Likes

Another Windows 7 64, notification came in this morning. Thanks.

0 Likes

Got a OSX update today, installed and launched fine :smile:

0 Likes

Just installed on linux64, will let you know if I get notification.

0 Likes

Thereā€™s a new dev build out now, with command line helper for OS X, and syntax detection via running a regex on the first line of a file. The shadow is also configurable now, via shadowWidth and shadow (color) in the .tmTheme files.

This build will turn into the next alpha version, barring any problems.

0 Likes

Is there a way now to remove folders from projects, or am I being a bit dim?

I frequently update folders when deploying css etc. soā€¦ css_v1 will be replaced by css_v2 and I donā€™t really want to wade through the spurious results in find in files.

Currently I have to wipe all folders and then add them all again including the new ones.

0 Likes

Thereā€™s no way to remove an individual folder yet. Itā€™s coming.

0 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Looks like the limit for the shadowWidth value is 32. Any value higher and the shadow disappears. Thatā€™s okay I guess; anything more than 32 gets a little superfluous.

A shadowWidth of 32 with a shadow colour the same as the background makes for a really cool, yet subtle effect!

0 Likes

I am using the OS X version heavily so Iā€™ll be able to report back any Sparkle issues.

BTW: Iā€™m very impressed with this editor - it is exactly what Iā€™ve always wanted. Thanx!!!

0 Likes

That would be fantastic, thanks!

0 Likes

Update notification worked great on Linux64 this morning. :smile:

0 Likes

Just wanted to say that the auto-update on OS X 10.6.6 is working great! Upgraded to 2028 just now with no problems.

Thanx!
Richard

0 Likes